Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OmNomNom Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2010, 06:57 AM
    What is the right thing to do?
    So I was dating this guy and the other night hwe were talking and I told him about my past, which is kind of a bad one. He got mad because I didn't ttell him in the beginning. He just broke up with me because he said he couldn't trust me. I want him back. Is there any way for me to get back with him?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 07:05 AM

Why would you even want someone who cannot deal with everything about you? Get a real man, and not an immature kid, who is insecure, and can't appreciate what you have been through.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 07:56 AM

I know it was probably hard for you to tell him about your past, but your intentions were good.

Your past is the past and, if he truly loved you, he should have been able to accept that and appreciate the fact that you were being open and honest with him. Consider yourself lucky that he's gone.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 08:11 AM

You were honest,he couldn't handle it,so he broke up with you.
    Consider that a lucky escape.

He is an immature kid,you can do much better.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 08:15 AM

Agree with Tal and amicon, you got off easy. Why would you want someone that is so lacking in understanding?

Time to get a real man who can deal with someone who has had a past, good bad or indifferent!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 08:49 AM

Why would you want to be with someone who can't take you for everything you are. Everyone has a past, mine's not perfect, I've done things I'm not proud of. I'll go on record that I was a player(not in the sense of dating multiple people at once but just kissing whoever and not letting my feelings get involved) and my fiancé put that aside.

If you can't put aside the one you're with past, then you don't deserve to be in their future
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 4, 2010, 10:34 AM

Well, I wouldn't want to tell someone about my past either if I knew they would judge me and break up with me over it.

Your past is your past. It has nothing to do with him and he has no business getting angry at you for it. If he cannot accept your past then he has no business in your future. You're better off without him, trust me.
    mistyjane Posts: 271, Reputation: 59

Mar 4, 2010, 11:08 AM

WHO the hell is he to judge you? Is he innocent as a baby? I don't think so.Past is past if he can't understand this and appreciate your honesty then he's not worth it.

Mar 4, 2010, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanGirl01 View Post
    Well, I wouldn't want to tell someone about my past either if I knew they would judge me and break up with me over it.

Your past is your past. It has nothing to do with him and he has no business getting angry at you for it. If he cannot accept your past then he has no business in your future. You're better off without him, trust me.
    Thank you sooo much...

Mar 4, 2010, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mistyjane View Post
    WHO the hell is he to judge you?! Is he innocent as a baby? I don't think so.Past is past if he can't understand this and appreciate your honesty then he's not worth it.
    No in a way his is worse than mine... He told me that he couldn't trust me because I "kept it hidden" from him...
    AmericanGirl01 Posts: 145, Reputation: 83

Mar 4, 2010, 02:26 PM

Okay, I don't know if many will agree with me on this one, but this is where I stand on this.

I believe that honnesty is the best policy in a relationship. I believe that if something happened in my boyfriends past that can/will affect the relationship he and I have, or our future together then I 100% believe that you should come clean about that.

However, if things happened in your past that have nothing to do with your relationship with him then your past is really none of his concern and your not obligated to tell him anything that you don't want to.. especially if he's going to hold these things against you.

You came clean about your past, and he used it against you and broke up with you. Does that sound fair to you?

Mar 4, 2010, 02:50 PM
    Should I date him?
    I have known nathan for my entire life and when my boyfriend broke up with me he let me cry on his shoulder and everything. Then he told me that he has liked me for the past 3 years and still does. He said he's tired of seeing me continuously hurt and that he wants to be with me after I am done getting over my ex. Should I go out with him?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 02:53 PM

Depends on how old you are. You just broke up with one guy, and here is another one already. You sure move fast.
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Mar 4, 2010, 03:36 PM

Sounds like you want him as a rebound.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 04:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OmNomNom View Post
    after i am done getting over my ex. Should i go out with him?
    As long as you heal first and don't jump into a relationship with your friend then it may work. If you jump in before your healed you will be using him as a Rebound to heal your own pain and then he is the one that may get hurt , not a nice thing to do to a friend right??

And don't forget if it doesn't work you may just lose him as a friend as well , a good thing to ponder :cool:
    ThatGirrl! Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2010, 05:53 PM

Be with him if you really like him, not to just use him. Don't date him if you just need the comfort. In the end think deep down if this is what you want. You don't want to leave him heart broken like you are right? I mean make sure there is some feelings there at least and not just coming from him also coming from you. It goes both ways
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Mar 5, 2010, 01:29 AM

My opinion if you have to ask others if you should date this person, the way you phrased it I would say no. You asked should you go out with him and the only reason you gave was the he let you confide in him and because he has liked you for 3 years. I didn't see anything about you liking him, I didn't see anything about a past interest in him. I think you feel like you need to go out with him to repay his debt to you, I really don't like that situation. In his mind he really doesn't care if you like him at this moment or not, he thinks that if you're treated well that you'll like it and stay. I would just heal and worry about dating other people later. It sounds like you had a rough break up... good luck
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2010, 02:53 AM

Heal from the recent breakup before you jump into another relationship.
    Rebounding's not fair on the new guy.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2010, 06:21 AM

Rebound relationships never work. If you want a good relationship you're going to have to take the time to heal from this one before you start another.

Mar 5, 2010, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Devorameira View Post
    Rebound relationships never work. If you want a good relationship you're going to have to take the time to heal from this one before you start another.
    Thank you... the reason I asked is because if he asks me out I don't want to make things awkward between us if I say no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is what I'm doing the right thing? [ 8 Answers ]

Hey folks. Im new to this so bear with me. I am 23 years old and feeling rather stupid... My girlfriend of three years broke up with me about two months ago and I am absolutely crushed. I live by myself I have my own house car career and do well for myself. I knew exactly what I was worth now I...

At home jobs good thing? Or a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old little girl, and a job I have had for almost 4 years. When I first found out I was pregnant my boss and I sat down and discussed my future with the company. We decided that after my maternity leave I would come back part time (20 hours) until January of 2009. I am now back...

Say one Thing and You do Another [ 75 Answers ]

What up with this? I've been talking to this girl on match.com (yes, I figured I'd try it out) for the past week or so. I sent her a wink a month ago to let her know I was interested. I had forgotten all about her as she didn't return my wink, but then out of the blue she sent me an email...

Is there such thing? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there such think as love at first sight? Because ever since I was in kindergarten and I met this really friendly boy my age when I was 5 years old... I got this odd feeling and it was a good one, I knew we'd be friends for a long time. I am still friends with him today.. and now in two months I...

View more questions Search