Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkksmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 08:40 PM
    A lady gave me $40,000 and after I stopped being her friend she says the money was a
    A lady gave me $40,000 dollars once when we were friends because she wanted to help my family to not have to struggle and she said she had the means to do it, now that the friendship is over she claims it was a loan and is trying to sue me for the money back.. I never signed anything saying this money was a loan and she had made several other monetary gifts in the past as well... do I have to pay her back the money when at the time it was because she had the means to help a family out but once our friendship ended she says it was a loan..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 06:33 AM

If someone offered and gave me $40,000 dollars in goodwill, I would certainly try and pay it back. It is far too much for small claims court. She would have to sue you to reclaim the money.

Tick
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kkksmom View Post
    do i have to pay her back the money
    Hello k:

Nope.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black and white movie ref old lady and pockets where there was always money in them [ 3 Answers ]

Hi trying to find the title of old black and white movie reference an old lady who kept finding money in her coat pockets regardless of being poor. She went about helping the needy etc, would love some help!

Teller gave too much money Again! [ 10 Answers ]

I have been banking at the same small bank for 26 years. A few months ago at 1 of the branches a new teller gave me too much money 20 dollars over. I came home called and she took it from my account. No problem she was new and I was close to the window and saw her name. At the other branch 2...

$90,000 debt. $10,000 inheritance. How to best spend the money? [ 8 Answers ]

I am so glad for this resource!! =) Thanks for your time in examining my financial issues. I am a 30 year-old female living in Atlanta, GA. I rent an apartment in the city, for around $650 a month (thank God for tax-credit apartments!) =) I have the regular bills: electric ($70), water ($28), cell...

Private deal with Friend she gave no paper work to sell [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I bought a modular home in 1999 privately from a friend's mom and was given a photocopy of a BOS for $1 and told that this would do. What did we know we did not use lawyers and they were friends. Her mother died and they moved to Florida. We live in NY now we want to sell and get...

View more questions Search