Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trf000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 07:43 PM
    My 1986ford ranger clicks once won't start. Lights come on.
    It's my son's truck. A 1986 ranger. New ground wires didn't fix it. New starter, new solenoid. Clicks once but the starter won't do anything.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 06:54 AM

. Remove and fully charge or replace the battery. Many auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free.

. Clean battery terminals and cable connections, including those going to the starter motor.

. Read the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560
    trf000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGreaseMonkey View Post
    . Remove and fully charge or replace the battery. Many auto parts stores will test and charge batteries for free.

. Clean battery terminals and cable connections, including those going to the starter motor.

. Read the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560
    The link you posted was the answer. Thanks a bunch!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore electric dryer won't start; timer clicks but drum doesn't start turning [ 2 Answers ]

I used an ohmeter to check start button, thermal fuse, timer, thermostats and they all check out OK. I'm afraid it's the motor and don't know how to get to it to test with ohmeter.

No brake lights on 1980 ford ranger xlt f150 truck [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I bought this used work truck on which the wires have been cut rewired and recut a number of times on this truck for trailer lights, etc. I need a wiring diagram for this truck if any one has just that. I cannot at this time afford a book on the truck it is like $32. I do have the appropriate...

My riding mower only clicks when trying to start [ 4 Answers ]

Ive replaced the selinoid and it still just clicks and doesn't even try to start.

Gas Trane furnace clicks and lights blue flame, but no heat [ 2 Answers ]

My not-very-new Trane gas furnace has been struggling intermittently for many months. It's only gotten really bad about 3 or 4 times. Here's what it does: - Quiet clicks I can hear when standing next to it, about 2 per second - Loud clunking noises about once every 5 or 6 seconds, I can...

Crafstman Clicks but won't start! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a crafstman lawn tractor. It only clicks when I try to start it. No other movement in the engine. Suggestions where to look? Thanks

View more questions Search