Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Mar 3, 2010, 03:38 PM
    Does it cost a lot to verify whether a cat is fixed or not?
    Hi!
    I'm getting a cat this weekend! The person I am getting the cat from said that the cat is fixed but he doesn't have the paper work cause the cat wasn't his to begin with. He had gotten it from a friend that never came back to get the cat. But anyway. I just want to make sure that the cat is fixed? I don't know anything about the vet and animal hospital so I was just hoping some of you guys could tell me something. Thanks you guys!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 03:47 PM

Is it a male or a female?

You'll be taking your new cat to the vet anyway for a general health check, so ask the vet to check. Both would be quick visual exams and shouldn't cost anything. If you lived near me, I would be able to figure it out, and I'm no vet.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 04:52 PM

USUALLY you can find out by shaving their belly and a scar should be visible.
    This shouldn't cost anything really, even a technician could do it.

HOWEVER - sometimes scars disappear. We have had cats in to be spayed, have had NO visible scarring, and once we opened them up we realised they didn't have anything to remove.
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Mar 3, 2010, 05:47 PM

Ok. Where could I go to get this done?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 05:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    Ok. Where could I go to get this done?
    Any vet clinic. You should schedule an actual appointment to get the cat checked over anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fixed cost and Variable Cost [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone explain how fixed cost and variable cost differ from each other as if I was 3 years old.

Examples of changing fixed cost into a variable cost [ 3 Answers ]

I need an examples of changing the fixed cost into variable cost

My cat snore as sleeps a lot [ 10 Answers ]

So my cat snores a ton. When we were last at the vet I asked him and he said that it is not uncommon, that she has a small nose and not to worry about it. So I don't. However my quesiton is 2 fold: one anyway to make her stop snoring.. she keeps me up at night, as she sleeps rigth next to me,...

Cat throws up a lot [ 1 Answers ]

My cat throws up every other day at least once sometimes she does throw up more than one day in a row should I worry about this? She is 8 years old could it be her age :confused:

View more questions Search