Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zzak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 12:20 PM
    Unfair Failure to yield ticket
    Hi guys,
    Last night I got a ticket for failure to yield left turn. I was making a left turn on the green and there was a cab driver in front of me... A cop car passed us from the incoming traffic and as soon as he passed me he turned his car (before making a left turn). After the cab driver made his turn, I made mine... I did see there was a car coming on a safe distance so I went ahead. No one honked me and no sudden brakes were made by the incoming car towards me. After making the left the cop pulled me over. Now I was driving my friends car without a number plate (since we were just coming back from buying the car and going towards currency exchange to get a temp number plate). I explained the cop the reason for not having the number plate and he gave me a ticket for the failure to yield. I know the cop gave me a ticket because he turned behind me thinking I wouldn't have a valid reason for not having a number plate but since I did he ended up giving me a ticket for no valid reason. What should I do?
    I have an option to plead guilty and pay, Please guilty+pay 115+traffic safety school or plead not guilty and request hearing.
    Now my question is what are my chances of winning this? How many times will I have to appear in the court as I also have to look at such factors like cost of not going to work for court dates, or skipping college for it, having it on my record means bringing my premium up for insurance?
    And by the way I did show him the title of the car so he can believe me that we just bought the car and are not bsing him
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2010, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zzak View Post
    Now my question is what are my chances of winning this?
    Hello z:

I have no idea. You'se pays your nickel and you'se takes your chances.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Officer Put Wrong License Info On Failure to Yield Ticket [ 4 Answers ]

Let me start by saying that the following happened in Washington state. I received a ticket for failure to yield from a private driveway. When I got home, I looked closely at the ticket and realized the Officer had put the wrong state on it. I have a temporary Montatna tag on my car, and he wrote...

FHelp with failure to stop or yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I recently received a failure to stop or yield ticket in NJ. I was on my way home from starbucks at 2am when I was making a left turn onto a 2 lane street. I was on a hill with the nose of my car pointing upwards. I was stopped at the stop sign for a solid 1 minute while changing CD's and BSing...

How do I fight a failure to yield ticket [ 3 Answers ]

I was involved in a car accident this weekend and I think I'm innocent. I pulled up to a stop sign- checked traffic in both directions- saw nothing and proceeded through the intersection. Half way through, a fast moving car came into the intersection. I gassed it to get through asap but the girl...

Can I fight a failure to yield ticket in Arizona? [ 2 Answers ]

I got in a car accident and was given a failure to yield ticket even though the other car ran a red light. Any way to fight this? Here is what happened... I was waiting in the intersetion for traffic to clear to make a left turn. The light went from green to yellow to red. The intersection...

Failure to yield. Would you fight this ticket? [ 9 Answers ]

A few days ago I was issued a ticket for Failing to Yield, which resulted in an accident. I was pulling left out of a private drive, onto a road with 2 north bound lanes, 2 south bound lanes, and a turning lane. When I approached the end of the driveway an extended bus pulled up to turn down the...

View more questions Search