Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deanna67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 10:27 AM
    I Need To Know About Recording Studio Laws
    If I'm Doing Custom Sessions, Am I responsible For Copyrights And Licensing?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 10:51 AM

The person who is using the intellectual property is responsible for obtaining the permissions.

In other words if a singer supplies his/her own music and lyric then that singer is responsible for having the correct permissions. As the owner of the facility, I would ask the singer if he/she has the correct permissions. If they say yes, them let'm rip.

Check with your attorney about what to do if they do not have permission to use the song.

If your recording studio provides both music and lyrics then you are responsible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International marriage and divorce laws in regard to american laws [ 3 Answers ]

Dateline: U.S. resident from panama in national guard gets stationed in panama and gets married U.S. resident comes back from panama (without wife cause she does not want to leave her country) U.S. resident becomes a naturalized citizen of U. S. Naturalized U. S. citizen gets american...

Opening up my own recording studio [ 3 Answers ]

Hey my name is Darren, And currently I'm desperately wanting to become a music producer and open up my own studio. I have found the perfect location, but cannot find the right connections, to accomplish this. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to write me a note. Thanks again.

Music Recording Studio Software Needed [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I also need a music recording studio type of software so that I could make my own recordings at home. I would like to be able to play a couple of guitars and one or two singers. Just wondering if anyone knows of anything that will helps. Hey, while we're at it, is there a...

View more questions Search