Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aiescharya Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 09:49 AM
    What is a malware software?
    What is a malware software? How it causes? Is it a virus? How it occurs and what type of a harm can it do? How to get rid of that?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 09:55 AM
    Malware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jessica-chen Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2010, 01:00 AM

Malware, short for malicious software, is software designed to infiltrate a computer system without the owner's informed consent. The expression is a general term used by computer professionals to mean a variety of forms of hostile, intrusive, or annoying software or program code.[1] The term "computer virus" is sometimes used as a catch-all phrase to include all types of malware, including true viruses.
    Software is considered malware based on the perceived intent of the creator rather than any particular features. Malware includes computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, most rootkits, spyware, dishonest adware, crimeware and other malicious and unwanted software. In law, malware is sometimes known as a computer contaminant, for instance in the legal codes of several U. S. states, including California and West Virginia.[2][3]
    Malware is not the same as defective software, that is, software that has a legitimate purpose but contains harmful bugs.
    Joyhong Software

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will downloading apple software cause problems with any Microsoft software [ 1 Answers ]

Have downloaded Itunes software and was wondering if it would cause conflict with my other music and video files

Malware avcare [ 1 Answers ]

I got avcare on my comp this morn and no I can't access my desktop help asks for password then says logging in and logging off and back to password.

So, I have this malware. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello fellows! I have a piece of malware on my PC! This doesn't make me happy! I need your help in getting rid of it! What it's doing is hijacking my Google results and taking me to some ad page so they can make money. It doesn't seem to be doing anything more malicious than that, but I want...

Viruses and malware intrusions. Better software needed? [ 3 Answers ]

I have found that my computer was unprotected and when I installed Norton Anti-Virus 2009 it found 28 intrusions which I have deleted but it seems that there is still a virus on the computer. Could it be that my virus protection software is unable to detect some of the latest ones and is there one...

Malware Found [ 1 Answers ]

I have just started using Comodo antivirus software and it has detected TrojWare.BAT,DelTree@12190. Just want to know if it is a bad one. What is the risk level and what does it do. I don't know how long it has been in my computer. My Norton, Windows Defender and Spybot have not picked it up.

View more questions Search