Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knome2626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 09:48 AM
    Transfer money from a foreign bank to an american bank
    I am a student in California. I have a bank account in England. I want to transfer that money to my Bank of Ameica account. How do I do that without going back to England?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Mar 3, 2010, 06:56 PM

Bank of america can help you with that I would think,some one else may have some better advise
    Jaykid007 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2010, 08:27 PM

Most banks don't allow you to wire unless you come in to sign. They do however usually offer a wire service by phone option if you fill out the proper forms with the bank, usually called repetitive wire program. Also, some Private banks will allow wires by fax with funds transfer agreements signed in advance. Also, I know of a bank like Wells Fargo that has a service called foreign exchange online and lets you wire funds in pounds to american dollars. Check to see if they have any of these services.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

Foreign money transfers to an american bank [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter married a foreign national. They live in Africa. She still has a checking acct here in the US. He recently was employed by a large multi national company headquartered in a 3rd country. It would be advantageous for his salary to be deposited into my daughter's checking account...

Bringing money from Foreign Country Bank [ 1 Answers ]

What about a person who has money in a bank in Serbia and is now a citizen of the U.S. Do they have to pay taxes?

Foreign 2nd home and foreign bank [ 2 Answers ]

We own property in China financed by a bank in China. Do we still need to file the 1042? And how d you figure the rate of exchange? By the month when paid? Thanks!

View more questions Search