Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 09:29 AM
    Never use another cell phone minute again!
    SKYPE maybe some of you are not familiar with it. (NeedKarma I know you are all about it!) With SKYPE you can make free voice and video calls to any SKYPE user over the internet. For $2.95 a month (in the US) you can make unlimited phone calls to any landline or cell phone.

Now the best part they have started making apps for cell phones. This means if you sign up for the $2.95 a month SKYPE plan and have an unlimited data plan you can make and receive ALL your calls through SKYPE and never use another cell minute again! Which means you can drop down to your providers LOWEST minute plan and never have to worry about going over your minutes.

Put those smug cell phone providers in their place and let them know they are just a tube and nothing special like they think they are.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 10:39 AM

Skype on my phone requires a local phone connection. I have unlimited internet on the phone, but you cannot make a socket data connection to the phone so Skype automatically dials a pre-programmed phone number for it's calls which means it uses cell minutes. Out of country calls would definitely cost less though.

Don't have a Skype tel #.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 11:39 AM

KISS what phone do you have? Check out the press release from Nokia.

http://www.nokia.com/press/press-rel...newsid=1390410
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 12:47 PM

Motorola V9x or V3xx. AT&T carrier.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 12:52 PM

I have a Nokia N95 with AT&T Service. I have been doing test but I think it is to early to tell. I made calls from my regular contact list through AT&T then I made a few calls through SKYPE through AT&T 3G and through my WIFI. I am now just waiting for my AT&T account to update to see where the calls get credited to.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 01:34 PM

AT&T data plans such as tethering allow more than one (I believe 5) connections. They may also allow connections to the phone.

Unlimited internet on the phone allow only one outgoing connection.

I have the latter.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2010, 09:35 AM

Ok I did my test and they finally showed up on my usage no minutes were used when I made out going calls they all went to data usage. No incoming calls because just like you KISS I don't have a SKYPE phone number.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Cell phone use [ 2 Answers ]

Is it safe to activate a cell phone while you are inside of a pool of water?

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon?My contract is about to end.I want to switch to Verizon.So any suggestions?

Cell phone [ 3 Answers ]

I had a cingular cell phone.. I broke it.. my son gave me his old Samsung t-mobil phone.. well my sim card won't work.. is there any way to make it work?? any help

View more questions Search