Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mtramos58 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 10:00 PM
    Change of name on a puerto rican birth certificate
    I am 47 years old and just found out that my middle name is first on my birth certificate and my first name is my middle name. All these years I've been using it the other way around. How can I correct this issue? Do I have to correct all my documents even my marriage certificate?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 10:08 PM

No. No reason to.

Just continue on as you have. If the BC is the only thing inconsistent with the rest of your identity, consider when, if ever will need to use your BC for any particular purpose. Chances are you won't.

Mar 2, 2010, 10:21 PM

Thanks, with the new law coming into effect in July 2010 in Puerto Rico I thought I had to make a trip to correct this issue. Is there anyway I can correct it in NY without having to take a trip to PR, I rather spend the money here than taking off from work without knowing how long I have to stay.

Mar 2, 2010, 10:27 PM
    [QUOTE=mtramos58;2256818]thanks, with the new law coming into effect in July 2010 in Puerto Rico I thought I had to make a trip to correct this issue. Is there anyway I can correct it in NY without having to take a trip to PR, I rather spend the money here than taking off from work without knowing how long I have to stay. I really want to correct it.
    Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 03:11 AM
    What new law is this?

Mar 3, 2010, 05:12 AM
    All puerto ricans that reside in the us their because will be invalid as of July 1 2010. New because have to be issue. Its crazy! I believe their was stolen identity back in march. Can you please find out and let me know. That will take me to the previous question. Do I have to their or can I do my paper work here.

Mar 3, 2010, 04:32 PM
    [QUOTE=mtramos58;2257117]All puerto ricans that reside in the us their because will be invalid as of July 1 2010. New because have to be issue. Its crazy! I believe their was stolen identity back in march. Can you please find out and let me know. That will take me to the previous question. Do I have to their or can I do my paper work here.
    Expert

Mar 4, 2010, 12:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mtramos58 View Post
    ... Do I have to [go] their (sic) or can I do my paper work here.
    You can do it by mail.

Those Puerto Rican-born living in the states will be able to request and receive their new birth certificates through a simple process by mail. The fee is $5, but will be waived for people over 60 and veterans
    PRFAA | FAQ & Services

Your question about changing the name order probably should be addressed to the Puerto Rico Vital Statistics Record Office at the same time you apply for your new certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Birth certificate name change [ 4 Answers ]

How do I change the spelling of my first name on my birth certificate?

I need to change the name on my birth certificate [ 7 Answers ]

I am 55 years old and did not realize until a few years ago that the name on my birth certificate is different than the name that I have been using my entire life. Everything is in my name that my godparent gave me, not is what is on my birth certificate. On my birth certificate my first name is...

Father not around at birth. Want to add him to birth certificate/change babies name [ 1 Answers ]

At the time I had my son 5 months ago his father was not in the picture so I opted to not give him his last name or put his name on the birth certificate... however now his father came back and we are working things out.. how do I go about changing the birth certificate and my sons last name... do...

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

Birth Certificate change [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three year old with no father on his birth certificate. I am married now with a 3 months. Old. My husband wants to sign my oldest son birth certificate. Is this allowed by law? There is no established father for my son. Thank you. (I live in Miami, FL)

View more questions Search