Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2010, 09:12 PM
    Have You Or Anyone That You Know Ever Had an Out of Body Experience?
    Hi, All!

I've known at least two individuals that have had one. Both happened while they were in the hospital. One was dying and the other was giving birth to one of her children. I consider both sources to be very credible.

What do you think, please? Is having that sort of experience something that you believe to be true or not? There's certainly enough documented cases where it would seem plausible that they actually happen and are believable.

If you believe in it, do you think that it's the actual "soul" that leaves the body, or maybe something else?

I've not had one. But, I think that it would be kind of neat to experience having one!

Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 3, 2010, 05:32 AM

Hi Clough, sorry your question went unanswered. It isn't so far out there.

I may have had OOBEs a couple of times over the years, but its hard to tell if they are just suggestions or real. I have read a lot about them, read personal experiences of people on operating tables looking down on their body, looking back at 'the light' and wondering whether to go to it or not. Well, we all know what 'the light' is, and it's a beautiful thought.

Mystics say that if an out of body experience is done intentionally, all openings to the body must be plugged (that means ALL) in case an unknown entity enters while the soul is gone. The soul can't return to its body after this happens, because basically it is inhabited.

Yes, it is supposed to be our soul that travels, supposedly during these episodes, a soul can travel a great distance and view many things, or just hang around a ceiling.

Tick
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2010, 06:28 AM

Interesting thing about what you mentioned Tick.

About plugging openings of the body when they try out of body experience.
    We actually say special prayers before bedtime, as a protection for the body and soul as we believe that the soul is connected to the body but away from it. Unlike death where the connection to the body does not exist.
    And in this state of partial connection, there is always the risk of jinns/ghosts disturbing the body.

I have never had an out of body experience other than dreams and sometimes I wonder if my soul actually experienced what I saw as my body slept.

I am not sure about being able to control this experience,can people really do that?

Uber Member

Mar 11, 2010, 04:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Hi Clough, sorry your question went unanswered. It isnt so far out there.

I may have had OOBEs a couple of times over the years, but its hard to tell if they are just suggestions or real. I have read a lot about them, read personal experiences of people on operating tables looking down on their body, looking back at 'the light' and wondering whether to go to it or not. Well, we all know what 'the light' is, and its a beautiful thought.

Mystics say that if an out of body experience is done intentionally, all openings to the body must be plugged (that means ALL) in case an unknown entity enters while the soul is gone. The soul can't return to its body after this happens, because basically it is inhabited.

Yes, it is supposed to be our soul that travels, supposedly during these episodes, a soul can travel a great distance and view many things, or just hang around a ceiling.

tick
    Why do you suppose that you've had the out of body experiences that you've had, tickle?

Thanks!
    Expert

Mar 11, 2010, 05:30 AM

Hi Clough, like I mentioned, I don't know if I really experienced an 'out of body' or not, its kind of hard to tell. I guess part of me doesn't really want to know if I did or not. I distinctly remember floating around the ceiling looking down, but this could have been suggestion before going to sleep.

To answer your question, I just don't know why.

Tick
    Expert

Mar 11, 2010, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever View Post

I have never had an out of body experience other than dreams and sometimes I wonder if my soul actually experienced what I saw as my body slept.

I am not sure about being able to control this experience,can people really do that?

It would be nice to know we could control an 'out of body' firm, but I think that only happens in the movies. At the same time if anyone can really control their astral motions, I don't think they would publicize it or talk about it. They would be called kooks.

Tick
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2010, 10:36 PM
    Hi Clough, I've had a few OOBE's.

A couple that I remember really strongly - one was when I was young and lying in bed and I was sort of daydreaming and all of a sudden I was on the ceiling looking down at myself - it really gave me a fright!

Another was when I had a car accident a couple of years ago and at the moment of impact, I was outside of the car looking at what was happening.

Occasionally during meditation I've had the sense that it could easily happen, voluntarily, if I allowed it. But I've always been too concerned that I might not be able to get back!
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 10:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    Hi Clough, I've had a few OOBE's.

A couple that I remember really strongly - one was when I was young and lying in bed and I was sort of daydreaming and all of a sudden I was on the ceiling looking down at myself - it really gave me a fright!

Another was when I had a car accident a couple of years ago and at the moment of impact, I was outside of the car looking at what was happening.

Occasionally during meditation I've had the sense that it could easily happen, voluntarily, if I allowed it. But I've always been too concerned that I might not be able to get back!
    Hi, Gemini54!

What was it like when you knew that you were outside of the car watching what was happening, please?

Like, were you afraid, calm, confused, etc.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2010, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Hi Clough, sorry your question went unanswered. It isnt so far out there.

I may have had OOBEs a couple of times over the years, but its hard to tell if they are just suggestions or real. I have read a lot about them, read personal experiences of people on operating tables looking down on their body, looking back at 'the light' and wondering whether to go to it or not. Well, we all know what 'the light' is, and its a beautiful thought.

tick
    If an unknown entity were to enter through one of the orifices of our body, does that mean that our soul, when leaving, exits through one of them.

I'm just throwing the thought out there...

Thanks!
    Expert

Mar 14, 2010, 12:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    If an unknown entity were to enter through one of the orifices of our body, does that mean that our soul, when leaving, exits through one of them.

I'm just throwing the thought out there...

Thanks!
    That's kind of hard to answer, Clough. Our souls are supposed to be ethereal, if so, then they can drift out of any part of our body. Because our 'shell' per se, is protected and the only entry is an opening, that is the only way something else can get in.

I hope that makes sense, but done take my word for it, but it is a good explanation for your question.

Tick
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 01:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Gemini54!

What was it like when you knew that you were outside of the car watching what was happening, please?

Thanks!
    I was actually calm, ditto with watching myself from the ceiling - a sense of detachment and peace. No fear, and no worry that I wouldn't get back into my body, although when I was a child, it did give me a fright before fascination took over.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 05:39 AM

Clough, Google Dr. Sam Parnia, he's doing research and experiments on OOBE's.
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2010, 10:52 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, Gemini54!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
    I was actually calm, ditto with watching myself from the ceiling - a sense of detachment and peace. No fear, and no worry that I wouldn't get back into my body, although when I was a child, it did give me a fright before fascination took over.
    Did you have any sense of time while this was happening? Also, was there confirmation from others that what you had witnessed was true?
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by parttime View Post
    Clough, Google Dr. Sam Parnia, he's doing research and experiments on OOBE's.
    I will!

Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 09:36 AM

Clough - I had an out of the body experience following a terrible accident I had when I was 25 with me on a bicycle and a taxi cab (I lost by the way). I had the whole classic experience of going into the darkest tunnel and at the end of this tunnel were a lot of my deceased ancestors and Jesus (of all people). I was told by them that I would suffer a great deal of pain but that I had to go back and finish my life on earth as I had a lot left to do that I had not yet accomplished and was important that I do before going to another lifetime.

I had been reading a lot of occult books and understood just where I was and I told everyone that I had no intention of going back as the body (as I referred to my own body) had been horribly injured and I didn't want to endure years of pain and suffering. They told me that no, I could not stay there with them but must return. I resisted and they grabbed my "arms" and propelled me forward down an incredibly dark tunnel.

I awoke on the floor of the hospital with a nurse yanking my left arm screaming at me. I knew I had my eyes open but I could not see anything for several minutes. I could barely hear her yelling at me at first - then her voice became louder and louder. Then when I was taken into the examination room and had my forehead sewn up (12 stitches) I was on the ceiling looking down at the scene. I was crying and the doctor stopped and asked me if he was hurting me. No, I said he wasn't. I was crying as I was mad at not being able to stay "there" and had to return to the living. Boy was I ever mad at that!

This is just a short synopsis of what happened to me over there. A lot of other things happened and I was told several things that proved to come true by those entities. This happened 38 years ago to me this summer and I can remember every minute detail of this experience as if it was yesterday.

Just being on the ceiling looking down at your body is not out of the body experiences - it is astral traveling. I've done that many, many times willingly myself before I had the biggie of actually going through the "tunnel" of light and darkness.

Astral traveling is actually great fun to do and the more you practice it the easier it gets. I can actually travel anywhere I wish to if I concentrate on my intended destination. Sometimes I have astral traveled to the past and was "there" when certain ocurrances happened to my husband. I could relay minute details to him of that particular "astral travel" experience that he had not even thought about in years!

Astral traveling is a skill that can be learned by anyone with enough patience and practice.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 09:44 AM
    Clough you can ask me any question about what it was like "over there" and I'll try to answer you.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2010, 08:05 PM
    Wow! What an awecome and incredible story, twinkie!

First question from me for you is, it doesn't sound like you were at peace when you were "over there"?

Were you at peace at all?
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 03:43 PM

Oh Clough it was the most wonderful experience ever! I was more than at peace. I was very happy and content. That is probably the main reason that I was rather pissed when I was sent back as I knew exactly where I was and was very happy to be "home". I was so angry that "them" for sending me back as I longed to stay there where there is true peace.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 03:47 PM
    Many people remark about wanting to go "home". My mom did.

I'm glad that it was a wonderful experience for you!

True peace? What was that like, please?

Thanks!
    Expert

Mar 27, 2010, 04:37 PM

True peace, clough, you don't have to experience it by having an out of body experience. You experience it by waking up in the morning, especially this time of year, with the bird song outside your window, knowing you can start digging in your garden, clearing the leaves from the crocus and tulip beds. ANTICIPATION is my true peace for the spring and summer seasons. And also knowing my son is going to be here sharing a coffee and the newspaper with me first thing on a Saturday morning.

We all have our 'true peace' moments, all different. Some of them are all in my heart this time of year..

You probably have some, just dig deep

Hugs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie with guy who has out of body experience [ 3 Answers ]

This movie was about a guy who a person or persons tried to kill but he eneded up like half dead in a creek and throguh some out of body experience he helped his friend, a female, find him because he only had so much time left before he was really dead. She found him like face down in a creek in...

Out of body experience [ 15 Answers ]

I've been wondering this, has anyone heard anything about someone being able to see SOMEONE ELSE'S out of body experience? Like seeing someone watch themselves lay there...

PN-6? Anyone have any experience? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out information on a natural product called PN-6 and another called 5W. The Doula that runs the birthclass my husband and I are attending had mentioned them in passing but never explained much. My question is to anyone who has heard anything about them or used them...

Shape of body by reduction of fat from specific part of body [ 1 Answers ]

My age is 20. And I am 6 feet tall. My weight is 80 kg. The main problem is this that there is a lots of fat on my hips and theigh and my west is about 34 overall my lower portion of body is heavier than above. So kindly tell me what should I do to reduce the fat from hip,theigh and how to reduce...

Outer Body Experience [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me understand my dream. I dreamt that I woke up and my son came into my room, there was two of him. I realised that I was dreaming then looked at the mirror in my room and saw my body on my bed, I jumped into my bed and woke up, I then saw my dog go out...

View more questions Search