Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    true peace, clough, you dont have to experience it by having an out of body experience. You experience it by waking up in the morning, especially this time of year, with the bird song outside your window, knowing you can start digging in your garden, clearing the leaves from the crocus and tulip beds. ANTICIPATION is my true peace for the spring and summer seasons. And also knowing my son is going to be here sharing a coffee and the newspaper with me first thing on a Saturday morning.

We all have our 'true peace' moments, all different. Some of them are all in my heart this time of year..

You probably have some, just dig deep

hugs
    Points well taken and understood, tickle! Not a very peaceful time for me right now. That could be the subject of another thread...

What does that acronym stand for in your avatar, please? :confused: ;)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 07:49 PM

When I was "there" I essentially had no body as we do "here". The closest I can describe my body over there would be for you to close your eyes and look down. You see your "essence". The people I did see were basically lumunous wearing white robes down to the ground. People did not speak by moving their lips but did it telepatically.

The word peace does not really describe the feeling. Tick really has no idea exactly what I experienced so she is guessing. The complete utter peace of soul and body is what I experienced. It was a oneness with the universe knowing that I was there, protected from any evil, protected in my spirit, protected and loved. The LOVE is basically what I felt when I was there coupled with peace. It's hard to explain in "our" words as it is a very deep emotional feeling that I experienced. Here we are "bothered" by stress even though we are not consciously aware of it. We are bothered by needless thoughts that were not present over there as there basically was no "time" as we know it here. There was no bills to pay, no food to eat or prepare, no clothes to buy or worry about washing, etc, no worrying about fear or being in ill health.

The closest I've ever come to anyone really describing what it was like for me was when I read some of Sylvia Browne's books about heaven and the many different planes there are. She got a lot of it right and then I think she just made up the rest as this is not what I experienced.

I know I was over there a long time but in my earth time I was probably gone about 20 minutes.

My personality changed when I came back. Prior to this experience I was very impatient with everyone and everything. When I came back I had to learn my lesson and now I'm more than patient in everything I do every day. I also look at this world a bit differently as well knowing just what awaits me. I am not afraid of dying as I know that I will be lovingly met and hopefully not sent back this time to finish anything. It took me many years to figure out just why I was sent back though. I think I've accomplished about 80% of what I was supposed to do in these past 38 years.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    true peace, clough, you dont have to experience it by having an out of body experience. You experience it by waking up in the morning, especially this time of year, with the bird song outside your window, knowing you can start digging in your garden, clearing the leaves from the crocus and tulip beds. ANTICIPATION is my true peace for the spring and summer seasons. And also knowing my son is going to be here sharing a coffee and the newspaper with me first thing on a Saturday morning.

We all have our 'true peace' moments, all different. Some of them are all in my heart this time of year..

You probably have some, just dig deep

hugs
    Tick - what you say is true peace is just your idea of personal happiness. This is quite different from the true peace and love I was talking about. I respect your "idea" but having been there is quite different than being here.

I was essentially not in my body for at least 20 minutes or so and the hospital staff thought they had lost me completely. From my head injuries alone I should have died but didn't.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 09:31 PM

I believe in the right circumstances out of body experiences are defiantly possible. That it is our essence or soul that travels outside of our body. Whether it be somebody in a stressful situation, or dying or even somebody that is so relaxed and meditating, also dreams open up the world of possibilities.

I actually had a dream that I was visiting relatives I have not seen ever. That I was at there place and while I was there I left my body in that dream, then I woke up. The experience was neat. So I dreamed in a dream that I was having an out of body experience where I could describe their place and my surroundings.

Many people believe that your spirit, or soul leaves all the time. When your body is a sleep that your soul travels. So that is a possibility as well.

Out of body experiences in my own opinion is similar to near death experiences in a way that you recognize that your traveling outside your body. The difference with out of body experiences is that these can happen at anytime without the person having to die.

So very good question and I am defiantly a believer in soul travel/ out of body experiences.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 09:36 PM
    So, would you say that you've had an out of body experience, Jesushelper76?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2010, 09:47 PM

I honestly think that was a unique experience and I have had other kinds of experiences as well. Would defiantly say that I did experience an out of body experience.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2010, 10:35 AM

What Jesushelper was talking about is astral traveling not out of the body experiences or near death experiences. I used to do astral traveling all the time. To consciously be elsewhere and look into places, etc.

Out of the body or near death experiences are similar but VERY different in that you are not here on earth just looking into your aunt's home, etc. but are "there" with celestial (for want of a better word) beings.

Clough - I've been thinking about this topic since I read the thread the other day. What I've come to surmise is this. It's like trying to describe the color blue to a person who has been blind since birth. You can talk all you want, describe all you want but the blind person is going to perceive the color blue in their own interpretation.

Peace is something that is not permanent here on earth. To feel peace or be peaceful here on earth is a basically fleeting feeling. The peace that I felt over there was a true oneness with the Universe. Again, it's like trying to describe the color blue if you get my meaning. Since I came back I have never had the same feeling of peace here on earth in my body. It is an impossbility to continuously feel peace in this dimension. Sure you can have peace of mind here but that is not a permanent condition or situation.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2010, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    I honestly think that was a unique experience and I have had other kinds of experiences as well. Would defiantly say that I did experience an out of body experience.
    When I was a child in elementary school, I used to feel as though the essence of me was being projected somewhere.
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2010, 11:13 AM

I looked on my bookshelf at home and found a very interesting book you may wish to read regarding this topic. The book is from 1992 but well documented and written by an M.D.

"Transformed by the Light" by Melvin Morse, M.D. with Paul Perry

He also wrote "Closer to the Light Learning from the Near Neath Experience of Children"

Only read the transformed by the Light book though.

Also Sylvia Browne had written about her near death experience when she was operated on in the hospital. She too was angry that she was sent back and was mad at the nurse friend of hers who was in the OR with her and gently called to her when she was "gone". Sylvia said she didn't speak to her friend for a year as she was so angry at having to come back! I've read a lot of Sylvia Browne and listened to her audio books but I've forgotten exactly where her NDE was in her material. She had a lot of the same experiences I did when I was there as well.
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2010, 09:29 PM
    Once you've gone through or are in a near death experience, how do you know that it's really okay to leave this world?

I mean, what about the heaven and hell thing?

Probably going to be some philosophy going on here...
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2010, 05:08 AM

Clough,

I believe that the spirit guides or angles that are with us. Guide and help us. If we are in a near death experience. I believe that we would be guided towards what we need. That if we are not to leave this world then we would come back, medical intervention has helped bring many people back.

Once we leave this world, I am sure that we feel a lot freer being out of this body.

The heaven and hell thing. Whether it is a good or bad experience usually the person who does come back is changed for the better.

We could get into a whole discussion here and there are so many different beliefs. Some might even suggest that the hell we experience is the hell we create for ourselves in our own mind.

Some would say that they believe life on earth, being on earth it self is hell.

That we self direct where we go. After death. That we can live eternally with our creator or far apart from our creator by our own choice. Which would be influenced by the emotions, fears and etc that we had here on earth.

Many years personally Clough, when I was younger had a deep fear of death. For the longest time now though, if I left this world today I would be fine with it, because I trust that God, my father would take care of me.

I would not want to leave this world now, because I have been blessed with a beautiful family and I want to live my life out to see all my children grow up and have children of their own and to live out my purpose in life in this world before moving on to the next.
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2010, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Once you've gone through or are in a near death experience, how do you know that it's really okay to leave this world?

I mean, what about the heaven and hell thing?

Probably going to be some philosophy going on here...
    How do you know it's really okay to leave this world? You are the one basically in control of your life before you even were born. You are given 5 different points where you can "exit" this life if you so choose to. I've had several exit points so far in my life and chose not to take them.

I was "sent back" to finish some things that I needed to either learn so I could progress up the spiritual ladder or do so that things in the future would be different due to my actions.

You are the one who decides ultimately to leave.

As far as heaven and hell thing... there really is no hell. Earth is a learning experience for the soul (or should be anyway). Some people keep returning as they did not learn their "life lesson" this time around and have to repeat whatever they needed to learn.

If you are an "old soul" you'll understand what I am staying. If you are a "new soil" never having lived many lives, you'll take a bit of thinking in order to grasp what I'm saying.

My son is reincarnated and so am I. We are both "old souls". Oddly I did not know him before this lifetime but in our past lives we were both military men during wartimes. We get along great and are best friends in this lifetime as mother and son.
    saskman Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 08:26 PM

I had a car accident back in 94 in which I almost died. I was in surgery for 17 hours and they had to resuscitate me 3 times. I am not sure I had an out of body experience but there are so many things I remember about my life that just seem like it happened yesterday. I have started to notice this now, fourteen years later from accident. I also could not remember the accident, but now I think I am starting to recall things. I don't know how this could be. I am also having a tough time with things. I am wondering if it could be post traumatic stress. But with all these events (before accident)that have happened in my life,. its unreal with the detail I can remember them. Even things when I was really young.(2 or 3 years old)
    Uber Member

May 2, 2010, 09:18 PM
    Hi, saskman!

Do you have anyone who can confirm the detail with which you can remember things from long ago, please?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

May 4, 2010, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by saskman View Post
    I had a car accident back in 94 in which I almost died. I was in surgery for 17 hours and they had to resuscitate me 3 times. I am not sure I had an out of body experience but there are so many things I remember about my life that just seem like it happened yesterday. I have started to notice this now, fourteen years later from accident. I also could not remember the accident, but now I think I am starting to recall things. I don't know how this could be. I am also having a tough time with things. I am wondering if it could be post traumatic stress. But with all these events (before accident)that have happened in my life,....its unreal with the detail I can remember them. Even things when I was really young.(2 or 3 years old)
    Sometimes when you have an experience like you've related your "time" gets all messed up. My "time" clock has been messed up for years. I had PTSD from another accident back in 1986. My time has speeded up somewhat and I am really surprised that it's 2010 as I'm still back in the 1990's in my "time". It's almost like I'm "coasting" through time now. Hard to explain exactly the feeling. The years are literally flying by now for me. I don't think it's traumatic stress you are experiencing. It's probably more like seeing the world as it really is. I have to keep telling myself that time is like a river where you put your hand into the water at times and then take your hand out of the water and let the river of time keep on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie with guy who has out of body experience [ 3 Answers ]

This movie was about a guy who a person or persons tried to kill but he eneded up like half dead in a creek and throguh some out of body experience he helped his friend, a female, find him because he only had so much time left before he was really dead. She found him like face down in a creek in...

Out of body experience [ 15 Answers ]

I've been wondering this, has anyone heard anything about someone being able to see SOMEONE ELSE'S out of body experience? Like seeing someone watch themselves lay there...

PN-6? Anyone have any experience? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out information on a natural product called PN-6 and another called 5W. The Doula that runs the birthclass my husband and I are attending had mentioned them in passing but never explained much. My question is to anyone who has heard anything about them or used them...

Shape of body by reduction of fat from specific part of body [ 1 Answers ]

My age is 20. And I am 6 feet tall. My weight is 80 kg. The main problem is this that there is a lots of fat on my hips and theigh and my west is about 34 overall my lower portion of body is heavier than above. So kindly tell me what should I do to reduce the fat from hip,theigh and how to reduce...

Outer Body Experience [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can help me understand my dream. I dreamt that I woke up and my son came into my room, there was two of him. I realised that I was dreaming then looked at the mirror in my room and saw my body on my bed, I jumped into my bed and woke up, I then saw my dog go out...

View more questions Search