Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sparky the vet@ live.com Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 01:08 PM
    Can I tapinto the line side of a100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker service
    Can I tap into the line side of a 100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker for a electric stove
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2010, 01:39 PM
    No. The range needs it's own circuit breaker downstream of the Main

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Schedule 40 conduit appropriate for main feed wires into a 220 amp service panel [ 4 Answers ]

I was told by a industrial plant electriction that schedule 40 was not exceptable and I must use schedule 80 pipe to my panel from the meter housing, but that does not seem to be correct for residential? I have visited many new construction projects in m,y area that all have used schedule 40 AND...

Adding a 200 amp breaker pannel to feed two 100 amp pannels [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all, This is my first post so I hope I do it right. This is what I got. The drop from the pole comes down to one 200 amp meter. The 200 amp meter feeds only one panel with a 100 amp input breaker and has many breakers that power the house (stove, water heater, dryer, outlets). Then it...

Do I need a dedicated line for a 9 amp AC running on a 20 amp breaker? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need a dedicated outlet for a 10,000 BTU 9 amp AC running on a 20 amp breaker? This is in a Bedroom with Clock radio, light fixture and a TV.

Can 20 amp line be run into a 100 amp breaker? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am doing a remodel and have a open 20 amp breaker in my existing service. Can I run a temp line from the 20 amp breaker to my new box (which is not yet hot) into the 100 amp breaker. Just need to get some temp power up in the new space. Thank you

60 amp breaker at service panel [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have my spa totally wired, using a spa disconnect with gfi. I am now at the end of the line, with 3 #4 thhn coming from disconnect box, and ready to hook up to service panel. I have a 2 pole 60 amp breaker, and I am not sure what wires go where at the breaker panel. I think the red and...

View more questions Search