Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david055 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Plumbing repair - Leak
    I cannot remove the set screw in my delta kitchen facet. It won't turn so I can remove the handle to replace the parts. What can I do?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 2, 2010, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by david055 View Post
    I cannot remove the set screw in my delta kitchen facet. It won't turn so I can remove the handle to replace the parts. What can I do?
    Is this a Allen Head Set Screw that's been stripped? Is it rusted or corroded in place. Please explain. Tom

Mar 3, 2010, 07:45 AM

Thank you Tom

The allen key appears to fit nicely into the set screw hole. It just does not move or budge at all. Normally if the hole was stripped the key would easily move around. I looked closely at the hole and don't see any signs of corrosion or rust.

Mar 5, 2010, 04:35 AM

Tom,

In the event it is seized, what are my options?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    Is this a Allen Head Set Screw that's been stripped? Is it rusted or corroded in place. Please explain. Tom
    Tom,

Sorry for the delay. The Allen key fits snugglyinto the set screw but does not budge. This leads me to believe the set screw maybe seized. What are my options?

Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 6, 2010, 08:43 AM

This will be a brass to brass thread connection;. I would load the threads up with WD40 and let it set for awhile. Now try it.
    Good luck, Tom
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2010, 09:53 AM

Try Tom’s instruction if that wouldn’t work then there is no other choice but drilling the screw head, good luck.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I repair a leak in the ceiling? [ 1 Answers ]

It has been raing a lot in los angeles and because of that water has been leaking into the water heater room, which is located in the upstairs balcony. Water has started collecting in the kitchen ceiling. How do I fix it and would I be a good or bad idea to make a hole in the paint where the water...

Jacuzzi leak repair [ 0 Answers ]

REF: OLDER MODEL JACUZZI WHIRLPOOL BATH Can the suction fitting sub-assembly be backed out from inside the tub to allow a leak repair such as the backup ring replacement? I have a leak which appears to be originating at the suction fitting, which is of course on the back side of the tub with no...

Shower Plumbing Repair [ 5 Answers ]

What can stop water from flowing out of the shower head? I turned on the water. I turned around and it stopped flowing out of the shower head. I turned off the water with the handles and removed the shower head. Tried to turn on the water again and nothing came out of the pipe. Water is flowing...

Slab leak repair [ 7 Answers ]

What is the safest way to repair a drain pipe leak under the slab option 1: brake the concrete at the toilet area and replace the pvc manifold connection and reroute pipe to side of house . Opt 2 : dig comfortable area under slab to replace maniflod pvc pipes and reroute pipe to side of house ...

Take apart faucet to repair leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Delta 2 handle kitchen faucet which I believe is a Peerless faucet. It has a long goose-neck spout and separate sprayer. How do I remove the handles. Does it take a washer, an O ring or both?

View more questions Search