Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moesky050 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Child Support
    I had a sexual affair with a co-worker about 14 years ago we lost contact never knew anything about her however 3 years ago I received a letter in the mail from the courts for child support in the state of Georgia I live in New York at first I thought it was a mistake because I've never went to Georgia and I don't know anyone in Georgia and the mother's name wasn't the name I knew her as when we worked together anyway after back and forth in court I was ordered to take a DNA which turned out to show the kid as mine he was 10 at the time,now I've never seen this kid never heard about him and suddenly I'm in arrears for back child support I refuse to pay and they now garnish my check which includes a extra $100.00 for arrears,now I'm paying almost $1000.00 a month for a kid I've never seen or heard of before is there anything I can do about this it bothers me so much especially to know that I'm paying much more for this kid than my own son from my previous marriage,I know its wrong to hate but this is the first time in my life that I've ever hated someone so much do I have any rights or is there anything I can do.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2006, 07:39 PM
    Sue for either custody, or at least get visitation rights.

Get to know your child.

Have him visit you in NY on his summer break from school or whatnot….
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 07:56 PM
    Yes, and pass the word to young people about having sex without protection.

But this is very legal, and you should have not refused but tried to work out a payment plan for arrears.

And yes if you are the father, you should try to get to know your son
    KISSROMEO2 Posts: 33, Reputation: 0

Nov 29, 2006, 09:18 PM
    I hate to add to the seemingly agreed upon idea.. but switch sides for just a minute, imagine yourself as that child and not knowing anything about your father... not know about what it's like to have a father.. not know what it's like to go to a baseball game with your dad... not being able to talk about your dad on father's day... bottom line, although that ex-co-worker may be a something-or-another.. that kid is still your flesh and blood and you might want to think of it this way - if the kid comes to you ten or so MORE years down the road and says, "why didn't u want to see me?" how are you going to respond? Hate the mother. Not the child. Best of luck!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2006, 10:23 AM
    Hello moe:

What? You have enough sons? No, you don't. Sons are cool. It's not his fault. You can't blot him away. He ain't going nowhere.

When you're old and gray, you'll wish he was around.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2006, 11:10 AM
    Nope. Unfortunately, there's not a damn thing you can do in this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

Child Support [ 2 Answers ]

I make $3600.00 a month and my exwife (who I have two children with) is taking me back to court for more child support but I have a second family with one child (newborn). How much will I have to pay? Thank you Hector

Child support [ 1 Answers ]

I Lived In Illinios Until 2003 I Moved Up Here To Wisconsin, Of Course My Ex Lived Here To Which We Have Two Daughters Together. He Had Not Seen His Daughters In 10 Years. Of Course Not Paid Child Support In Those 10 Years. I Had An Order Out Of Kendall County Ill Were My Divorce Was Filed. It...

View more questions Search