Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 07:59 AM
    I met a person on a dating site we started exchanging mail text mess even phone calls
    Hello
    I met a person on a dating site we started exchanging mails text mess and even phone calls. He told me he is american although his accent didn't sound american he said he has a job project in ghana after finishing the project he was planning to come visit me in israel. Before leaving ghana he told me he bought 75 kilo of gold bars. On arrival to london from ghana he was arrested by custom since he didn't have all the right documents. he was asking for my help when I asked him to give me the phone no of custom where he is he refuse to me it sdound like a scum what do you think his name is louis brown martins and I was trying to find him but I could not find his phone no in the states is REMOVED. Let me know what you think thank you ilana
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 2, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Smells like a classic 419 SCAM.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 08:05 AM

I think that you should stop wasting your time on him.

Trust your instincts.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 2, 2010, 08:07 AM
    Also, "normal" people DON'T transport THAT much gold in one hit and certainly not in bar form.
    I'm sure there's laws covering that, but either way it would have been one extremely heavy suitcase.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 08:10 AM
    GHANA = SCAM... Need I say more?
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 10:10 AM

Always listen to your gut instinct.

DEFINITE SCAM ! ! !
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 11:38 AM

Trust your instinct here.

You were wise to ask for some sort of verification with a phone number from customs where he got busted.

Please let that be a huge red flag, and stop all contact with this man.

There are so many scams, and it all boils down to getting you to save somebody, with money.

Don't fall for it.

If he has 75 kilos in gold bars, he can well afford an attorney, he doesn't need your money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One day suddenly avoids my calls and text.Cheating? [ 20 Answers ]

Threads merged OK, my boyfriend calls me everyday like three times a day and our relationship is okay. And about over a week ago we made plans to go to a picnic his job had planned (he invited me). Then as soon as that day came, I text and called him to see if he still wanted me to go, but I...

Renting a aprtmnt from a person who is now not in Au, and never met before [ 2 Answers ]

I found a cheap aprtmnt in Sydney, NSW and I want to rent it. However my problems are that I don't know the owner and the owner is not in Au at the moment. So what documents of the owner should i know to make sure it's safe for me to rent that aprtmnt? Some of my friends said that maybe they are...

Do I answer his calls and text messages after breakup? [ 4 Answers ]

I am divorced and a mother of one. I am quite new to the dating game. So I need some help on my "game" skills. Me and this guy have been talking for a couple of months now. We have been on dates and seem to get along great. He talked to me everyday and it was fine. We were friends prior to our...

Unwanted phone calls and text messages [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been getting calls and text messages from a certain cell phone number. He has tried every means possiable including the local police department, to find out who this is. What he has found out is that it is a TracPhone (pre-paid). That's it. Is there anyone out there that can tell...

View more questions Search