Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fran11111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 04:44 AM
    Ask a question about your bad gums after extractions
    Hi, I am a senior female late 50s. I had bad teeth for some years, had a lot of pain. I recently had all my teeth out, and have not been able to wear dentures because my gums are still sore. I have some lumps on my gums and swelling. It has been 2 to 3 months since all my teeth were removated. Sometimes the lumps settle down and go down then they come back up again if I have real hot foods or ice blocks seems to irrite this problem. Is it normal for gums to take so long to settle down after they are all removed. My teeth were mostly all broken down to the gums when I had them out. I had gum disease pretty bad, and was told I had absises before I had my teeth out.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Did they not place the denture as soon as the teeth were removed? If it's been 3 months since your teeth were removed and your gums are still sore you should go back to the dentist who removed the teeth. It's not normal for you still to be sore this long after the extractions. Rinse with warm salt water as often as you can. How are you eating without any teeth?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I turn brown gums into healthy pink gums? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a brownish colored gums. I don't have the best dental health but its important to change that. I would like to know how to make my gums healthy and pink again

Cyst on my gums [ 2 Answers ]

On Sunday I noticed that my gums were feeling kind of "mushy" for lack of better term. By Sunday night to the left of my front tooth my gums were extremely red, and there was a visible bump. Monday morning the "bump" was big enough that I can feel it past the base of my nose and as wide as the...

Why are my gums this way? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am 17 years old and I have had gum problems for majority of my life. I first received braces at the age of 13 to straighten my teeth since the gums over lapped and caused them to space out. They trimmed it down, hoping that the problem to my situation would go away. Instead it got even worse...

Concerns about Tooth Extractions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My orthodontist recently informed me that I am going to need a good few tooth extractions in order for them to progress with my treatment. This, for me, is a complete and utter nightmare. I have an intense fear of teeth falling out/being pulled out - and because of my impending situation,...

Sore gums [ 2 Answers ]

After flossing, one of my gums became sore and a little puffy/bigger. What could that mean?

View more questions Search