Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 12:10 AM
    Retrieving account/stock info
    I'm pretty confident that I have bank accounts/stocks/bonds which my estranged father set up when I was a child although I don't know at what banks. He has an account at almost every major bank in canada. Since he keeps the finances in our family very secret and refuses to give me any helpful information about how I can access the money, I need to know whether I can find out how much money is in my name.
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Mar 13, 2010, 06:18 PM

I think you posted this question before, Looks like he doesn't want you to know anything about his finances
    So why are you so sure some is in your name? And it seems to me if it was he would want you to know right? Something does not sound right here. You are wanting to access money you may or may not have.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2010, 12:25 PM

If the accounts are in your name, you'll get interest statements. If you are estranged I very much doubt that your father is paying taxes on YOUR interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Share/Stock Account [ 4 Answers ]

Is there any accounting package for acounting Profit or Loss of my Share/Stock Account?

Retrieving info from old hard drive. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a slight problem and wonder if anyone here can help me. My old, or not so old computer quit working on me about 5 months ago. Before it died however it spluttered, muttered, and hissed and then crashed. Lights out! It would not start again. Problem is I was using that computer to run my...

Estate account info [ 2 Answers ]

My sister and I opened an estate account for my mother who passed away in June. How long do we need to keep the account open? How much do we need to keep in the account? We would like to close it by the end of the year to keep it in the same tax year.

View more questions Search