Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dastagiri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 08:42 AM
    No run command in start menu
    Hi good evening,

I am unable to open regedit, task manager and run command not found in start menu.

Please help me in this regard. Thanking you.
    Whywhywhy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2006, 03:13 AM
    That is because regedit is not a exe file (open it by search) files and folders. Make sure you know what you are doing because any changes made in regedit if they are wrong will make your computer very unhappy.
    mindtab Posts: 28, Reputation: 0

Aug 29, 2009, 05:55 PM

Try this---it requires using the regedit (Registry editor)

Run dialog box is missing - Tech Support Guy Forums
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Nov 6, 2009, 07:38 AM

Don't forget to disable system restore before you attempt, it appears you're having a virus attack ! Those three components are well known to be attacked by Brontok virus,
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 8, 2009, 11:59 AM

This is normally caused by viruses.

Open Command Prompt and past the following in there...
    REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Still in CMD, type REGEDIT. It should open now. If it doesn't then the virus is still on your PC.
    Update your antiVirus and do a full system scan.

If Regedit opens, then goto:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\Explorer and \System

Delete all those restrictions, (diableRegistryTools)(DisableTaskMgr)(NoRun)(noFol derOptions)

Ctrl+Alt+Delete, End the "Explorer.exe" process and select File Run, type: Explorer.exe
    Now the Run should work.

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run command not found [ 11 Answers ]

Please I can't find the run command in my start list. How to reenable it to run regedit.. Please help..

Start->Run [ 3 Answers ]

I fixed my brother's computer a while back using a command that I cannot remember. His computer was constantly coming up with "Limited or no connectivity" and no matter how many different NIC's I used (wired or wireless) I couldn't get an IP from my router. Eventually I tracked down a little...

Slow start menu [ 3 Answers ]

I'm running win98 on a refurbished IBM netvista, Pentium II. I've noticed over the last few weeks that my start menu is sporadically very slow. Like, I will click Start, and it will take 30 seconds or more for the menu to pop up. Sometimes it doesn't pop up at all, the computer freezes and I have...

WindowsXP: Customize Start Menu [ 15 Answers ]

I use Classic Start Menu. When viewing Customize Classic Start Menu, I have a button for Sort... but when I click it, nothing happens. There is no recognizable order of the apps in Start > Programs. I want them alphabetized. How can I do this? Thanks!

Commands in the Startup menu in the MSCONFIG command [ 4 Answers ]

Would anyone please explain to me what these commands do, plus if it's possible, what consequence is going to happen if I cancel anyone of them from the startup menu. By the way, I have a toshiba laptop with XP home edition. Startup Item-------- Command NDSTray ------ ...

View more questions Search