Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abu aymen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 08:49 PM
    Cpu 5250 connection to the laptop mobo
    How can I replace the cpu in my toshiba satellite a205?
    Kindly help thanks
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 2, 2010, 02:30 AM
    CPU removal is shown in Disassembly instructions for Toshiba Satellite A200 and Satellite A205 series laptops. Toshiba's website may have info regarding supported CPUs but the full model number is needed to navigate their support section. If you decide to proceed with this, also be aware that it takes almost no effort at all to damage the processor or the socket when removing the heatsink. It helps if both are hot or warm to facilitate separation and overcome the thermal paste joining the two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tell if cpu or mobo is dead? [ 4 Answers ]

OK, I haven't really been up to date on hardware since the xp3200 was the best cpu out there lol. I just bought an intel core 2 duo extreme socket 775 cpu, with an asus (forget the exact model of the mobo.. )pqc-ex I think. And 1 gb stick of ddr2 ram I plugged everything in, I get no POST....

How to connect to cpu to laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a CPU where I kept my personal files. I don't have monitor now (Only CPU). Can you suggest me how to connect to my CPU through my laptop and get the data to my Laptop? (Both my laptop and CPU is having Windows XP OS). Thanks is adnvance.. :)

VGA Monitor - "No Signal" w/New Mobo, CPU & Ram [ 2 Answers ]

The Preamble: My old computer: ASRock K7VM2 mobo with 2GB DDR, AMD 2400+, stock CPU fan and heatsink. I was installing a PCI wireless adapter into this mobo as per the adapter's manual. After installing the software I was supposed to turn off the computer and install the PCI card, then...

How to connect a laptop with a CPU [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a laptop with Windows Vista OS and a CPU (with out monitor). Windows 2003 and SAP XI is installed in the hard disk which is there in the CPU. I am not interested to buy a monitor now. I would like to connect the CPU to my laptop. Could you suggest me, how can I access the...

Not sure if its my mobo, cpu, or psu? [ 1 Answers ]

Last week I posted a problem about my monitor getting no signal. After testing I still wasn't sure what the problem was, but I thought it was the mobo. So I got a new mobo and when I put the CPU in, it doesn't power up. Well, it powers up for a split second then it shuts down automatically....

View more questions Search