Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aragorn366 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 06:36 PM
    What would happen if I plug a 14.4v nicad battery into a 9.6v makita cordless saw
    I want to convert a 9.6v cordless makita circular saw to use a 14.4 battery.will the motor blow up or will it be OK and just run longer
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 07:55 PM

It will not run longer, to do that you need to add more batteries in parallel not in series. It would likely burn out your motor. I have never seen anyone successfully tweek with battery packs. Maybe by tomorrow stanforty or one of the other electrical guys will jump in and prove me wrong or at least educate us both
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 07:54 AM

DG agrees tried this once burnt my hand didn't work out to well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I connected a 110v cordless teleplhone to 220v power point . What will happen [ 2 Answers ]

I connected a 110V cordless telephone to 220V power point. What will happen to my telephone insruments. Will get burnt. Or can we use the instrument?

MY battery on my acrer won't take a charge from the plug [ 1 Answers ]

I bought an acer aspire1, model no.Zg5 a month ago at a pawn shop , It now will not charge the battery,When I used it I would keep it plugged in the wall all the time. Is it my plug or the battery? Can u help me

12-3 wiring from gfi plug to outlet to plug in a 110v pool pump [ 5 Answers ]

Need to verify proper wiring for above 110v pool pump.

Memory Reset for Rechargeable Panasonic Cordless Phone Battery [ 0 Answers ]

I was recently experiencing terrible performance of the handset battery for my cordless Panasonic KX-TG2730S (or KX-TG2730) telephone. I searched the user manuals and the Panasonic website for a solution but could not find one. So I called Panasonic at 1-800-211-7262 to see if there was anything...

View more questions Search