Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy2003 Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Mar 1, 2010, 05:29 PM
    Pee on laminate floor.
    I posted on here a couple of days ago about a little dog I rescued. She has found a good home! HOORAY!

Problem related to dog is my apartment has a laminate floor similar to peel and stick tile (but with no seams) in the hall and bathroom where I gated her off. She was a really little dog and sick so she did have a few accidents which were quickly cleaned up. We first used a urine spray, then have disinfected with lysol, steam mopped the area, bleached, scrubbed, even put a layer of baking soda down on the area for an hour... still stinks... It isn't really bad, but it smells like dog in our hall when the rest of the house doesn't.

Ideas?
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Mar 1, 2010, 05:34 PM

Have you tried washing the walls? The smells get into the walls as well even if nothing went directly on the walls. TSP is good to clean the walls with, you can get it at Home Depot.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 07:27 PM

Ya I was going to say walls and baseboards. Was there anything else in the area with the dog, a mat, or toys or anything that are still around?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2010, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
    Have you tried washing the walls? The smells get into the walls as well even if nothing went directly on the walls. TSP is good to clean the walls with, you can get it at Home Depot.

I would stay away from TSP because it is toxic - there are other products available. Maybe the dog will get into it; maybe the dog won't. I wouldn't take the chance.

I believe TSP is not available in some areas because of environmental concerns. Does Home Depot sell something similar and not TSP itself?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 5, 2010, 11:01 AM

I usually got for spray 9. We use it at the shelter. You have to becareful and dilute it, but we have never had a problem with smells.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate floor [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to clean a laminate floor... I have a mohawk and it is horrible to keep clean... there is always foot prints and just cleaning it doesn't really come clean I tried a bunch of different cleaners and they all work the same so I was wondering if anyone knew...

Laminate floor [ 3 Answers ]

We have the glue together laminate floor and have extra planks. I found one plank damaged by water. Can this be repaired? And how? My husband laid the floor , but is not sure how to fix this problem. ...

Laminate floor help [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here but have a terrible problem with a laminate floor we laid about 18 months ago. We laid the floor on top of a well kept, still stuck, vinyl floor. Then the underlayment and then the laminate floor. This is in the kitchen Now here is my problem- in front of the sink,...

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

Can a steam mop be used on a laminate floor

Laminate floor [ 1 Answers ]

I'm installing a pergo product over a vinyl kitchen floor, do I need to remove the vinyl to the wood sub-floor? Or can I install right on to the vinyl? Also do I have to use an underlayment since the kitchen is over the basement, no sound or moisture issues? I have been advised by both ways on this...

View more questions Search