Ask
    diggerdog09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2010, 02:32 PM
    How long after judgment can they begin to colllect
    How long after a judgment can they seize property and money
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 02:38 PM

This is a legal question, not a question about accounting and I have asked that it be moved.

Depends on the State.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2010, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by diggerdog09 View Post
    how long after a judgment can they seize property and money
    Hello d:

There's no waiting time. If the judgment holder can get his execution of judgment signed the same day and he knows where the judgment debtor work and where his accounts are, he can do it the same day.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2010, 10:04 AM

I believe this varies by State - in some States I believe the debtor has to be notified in writing before collection can begin.

It's been posted before (I remember because I was wrong) but I don't recall which State(s).

I know NY RECOMMENDS this course of action. I don't believe it's the Law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it time to begin a new relationship and let go of the long term one? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in high school and have been dating this guy off and on for almost a year. He's great, I mean, I love the guy to pieces but our relationship has been very plain and flat for many months. I mean, he doesn't laugh at my jokes or act enthusiastic with me at all anymore. He's been very predictable...

Obtaining a Judgment on a debt that has a prior Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

Now I thought that you can't get another judgment on a debt if there is a prior judgment obtained back in July 2004 from Ohio. But the debtor moved to New York and they want to have an atty in New York place another judgment on the same debt. Don't they have to request an Exemplified Judgment...

Where to begin [ 2 Answers ]

Thanks everyone for all your answers, new question, I have no ideal where to start. I don't know what kind of doctor to see for the pregnancy or when to start going. Please, more answers would be great.

Don't know where to begin [ 4 Answers ]

I am five almost six months pregnant. I dated a 22 yr old military guy for three months found out I was pregnant and we broke things off. However he promised he would be a father to the child until he got back together with his ex. He wanted to give me money monthly and not go through court because...

View more questions Search