Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    urbad1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 11:11 PM
    Child support and attorney do they mix?
    I am planning on filing for child support for my child when he is born. The father lives over sea's and say's he wants nothning to do the child. I was just wondering would it benefit me to hire a lawyer to file my child support case or is it the same as going down to the local child support agency. What are the benefits if anything for having an attorney file for you, and Is their anything I should be made aware of or include in the proceccedings? Thank you ANY suggestions would be greatly apperciated.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 08:13 AM

What State? Most States have Court systems that are user friendly.

However, if DNA is required to prove paternity you are going to have a problem whether you have an Attorney or not - unless the father signs a Declaration of Paternity.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 08:15 AM
    Since the father of the baby lives in a different country than you, it would be best to have an attorney because laws are going to be different in each country. If you don't have a lawyer, you may miss something very important and, thus, lower your payments if you get any at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Can I sue a child support agency for not enforcing support orders? [ 15 Answers ]

In 2002, a NY family court ordered my ex-husband (the non-custodial parent of our 2 minor children) to pay child support in the amount of $250 per week. This court order was subsequently made a part of our divorce decree in 2005. In 2004, the NCP moved from NY to OR then eventually to CA to...

Could my ex's new attorney change my child support order? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know the rules for ny, so I'm probably not that much help, but here in ga, only the judge can change the amount of child support. It has to be court approved, and signed by the judge. The lawyer can't actually change it, but they can present it before the judge with just cause as to why it...

Can I request a new attorney for my child [ 4 Answers ]

My sister has gardiansip of my daughter. The child's lawyer has beed rude and does not want to work with us. He has told my sister that he does not want us to have her back. Is there any way we can request an new lawyer for the child. Thanks Barb

Can my child mix tylenol with Triametic [ 1 Answers ]

My son has a fever... so I gave him tylenol. He also has a severe cough that is making him gag. Can I give him triametic too? He is 5 going on 6, he weighs about 38 lbs. Gave him tylenol around 5pm it is now almost 8... thank you

View more questions Search