Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    power12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 02:12 PM
    Gambling!
    I have spent thewhole evening researching gambling on the net after my boyfriend came home after losing nearlly 2500 euro. Yes that's just in on day and in the space of around 2 hours.. But its not just a once of this is a daily habbit maybe not as much money but he can spend anything from 1000 up. He comes from a family who would have are comfortable money wise and to him this money means nothing. We have our house together and lucky enough not to have no mortgage . I have tried to talk to him many times on about it but he won't talk, his reply is always the same were living comfortable so what's the problem. Lately I realise that when he's after having a "bad day" he is drinking a lot which he tells me he does because he is depressed. I don't know what to do I feel totally lost and embarresed about what's happening. Should I talk to his parents, should I push him in to getting help. If I do these things will I push him away! He's 23 and he's ruining his life. I feel he is thowing it all away at our age there is not many people who are insuch a comfortable position like we are I'm afraid to lose it all because of his habbit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 02:52 PM

He will not get help till he wants it, making him get help will not make him do anything.

I would talk to his parents, and I would keep him from having the money, I would make sure he can not mortgage the house, and have your own bank account he can not get to.
    power12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 02:57 PM

Thanks FR chuck. There is a history of addiction in his family so I'm hoping his parents can be some way understanding to this situation!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gambling Losses [ 2 Answers ]

What supporting documentation for gambling losses is acceptable from a cash basis taxpayer going into a IRS audit. Taxpayer deducted up to the amount claimed as misc. income. Taxpayer has no banking activity to support cash withdraws etc. Any and all advice truly appreciated.

A doubt about gambling [ 15 Answers ]

Can a person make a decent living for him and his family solely by gambling, thoroughout his life.

What can I do about my wife's gambling. [ 1 Answers ]

My wife has lost many thousands of dollars playing poker machines. We recently got married and before the wedding she promised me she had no credit cards etc or debts that I was unaware of. I discovered 2 credit cards $25000 in Feb 2008. We took a loan and paid them off. She insisted on having...

Gambling [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently married and only been married for 2 months been with my husband 3yrs before that... b4 I got married he had a slight gambling prob... now its getting big he lost ALL his $ there we r trying to start a family have no $... I mean he plays it 4 fun I do 2 because its interesting but...

Gambling winnings [ 3 Answers ]

I know after you win they deducted taxes for withholding purposes. But how Are the winning taxed at the end of the year. Can they be listed as regular income on your 1040 at the end of the year. I know if you win, you can also submit your gambling losses too. Or is there a special...

View more questions Search