Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinoop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2010, 03:09 AM
    Us citizen pay tax on uae insurance benefits?
    Hi , A US Citizen working in UAE on resident visa , If buying a Insurance Savings plan , does he need to pay tax its maturity benefits in USA?(He may be in USA when the policy matures)
    Kindly help.
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2010, 07:57 AM
    A US citizen is taxable on his worldwide income. In this case you would be taxable on anything over and above your capital investment in the plan.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 11:54 PM

On your return, you must report your world wide income. If you paid taxes in the foreign country, you will claim credit for taxes paid in the foreign country by filing Form 1116 or can file form 2555 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion. Your U.S. Tax Return: U.S. Citizen or Resident with Foreign Income

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen Moving to Dubai UAE - Taxes? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a friend who has recently made a permanent move from the US to work in Dubai. I'm unsure if the company he is working for is US owned or not. Will he have to pay US taxes on the money he makes in Dubai? Thanks!

Does my insurance company have to pay for damages to a car with no insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was at fault for a car accident, however the other person had no insurance. In the state of Indiana you must have insurance. My question is does my insurance have to pay the other person damages? Also can I report this person to police department for false information on a legal report...

Does employer continue to pay insurance while waiting for a COBRA Insurance election? [ 1 Answers ]

When an employee has been terminated from employment, how many days after termination does the employer have to pay the insurance premium on the employee while waiting for the employee to decide on COBRA?

Health Insurance Benefits [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I file health insurance benefits we paid for an independent contractor?

View more questions Search