A good education is needed in order to be successful in Life
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 09:25 PM

What is a "good education"?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 10:44 PM

And what is successful, I know a wonderful man, he passed away a few years ago, worked 40 years cleaning offices, had a wonderful wife who he was married to for 50 plus years and a great family. He never had a lot of money but was happy. That is success

But is it yours ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And what is successful
    Good point! Great story! Reminds me of a poem I read long ago --

What is Success?

Elisabeth-Anne "Bessie" Anderson Stanley

He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much;
    Who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children;
    Who has filled his niche and accomplished his task;
    Who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty or failed to express it;
    Who has left the world better than he found it,
    Whether an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul;
    Who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had;
    Whose life was an inspiration;
    Whose memory a benediction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I really want to be successful in life [ 2 Answers ]

I really want have and good life I'm 18 I just got out of high school I'm going to go to tech college and take up airplane but I want to invest some of my money in stock but I don't know how or where to start I really want to get rich off make some money of this why I'm young I really need some...

Shall I be successful in insurance agency( life insurance corporation of india) [ 2 Answers ]

At present I am a life insurance agent full timer since last 01 year but not much business. I want to know whether I shall be successful in this profession.

What type of additional education needed? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Masters Degree in Social Work and have worked as a VP of Center Operations in a call center for 8 + years. I am interested in teaching opportunities at a local trade school (not high school level- but adult education). What additional education need would I have to obtain to teach at...

Can ever be successful in life [ 3 Answers ]

I am a very depress young lady, who is trying so hard to get a good education, but something is holding me back and I am wondering if I could ever get pass that on move on to the second charter of my life!!

What is successful life? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Recently,I am thinking about this question. Make a lot of money? Enjoy every day with friends? To be president;movie star... Welcome everyone gives different thinkings. Thanks

View more questions Search