Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fagbdagbvad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 07:18 AM
    What everyone forgets is 100 year old Plus houses have tons of nails on the wood, hand nailed so even if you strip it there can be some really really sloppy nails, Epoxy paint basecoat--- sand and fill if need, Either almond or coral, then gel stain - then a clear coat on top usually satin to look more reaslistic. 3-4 steps. You must use epoxy paint of steps.
    jenmarya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2015, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyg2 View Post
    What about a faux finish to look like wood?
    Faux Mahogany Woodgraining
    Faux Painting Techniques and Faux Finishes: How To
    I did this technique on a concrete floor.

Attachment 29552

Attachment 29553
    Patty-- Lovely! Our floor isn't poured yet. We're going with radiant floor heating under the polished concrete. Can I use your method? Is there a working website link for the method you used?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

55H+ cristalline with hot movate gel and neoprosone gel [ 100 Answers ]

I just ordered some 55h+ cristalline glycerin and some hot movate gel and neoprposone gel. I plan to mix all the ingredients together and use on my body 2x daily. On my face, I will use clearqucik gel mixed with the exclusive fair and white whitenizer gel crème and the serum and some black soap on...

Paint over stain [ 5 Answers ]

I'm re-painting the exterior of our home. Last paint application appears to be paint on the gable ends and dark brown stain on the lap siding. After all the necessary prep work and cleaning do I need to primer over the old stain if I want to apply a latex paint?

Best paint or stain to use for garage floor? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not looking for epoxy ideas here. I just want to know if someone can recommend a concrete paint specifically for garage flooring. Also maybe the best way to prep the floor. I'm planning on using a power washer. Ideas? Thank you.

Paint or stain 18 year old pressure treated deck [ 4 Answers ]

My summer home is on a lake in northern Michigan. We have hot summers and cold and deep snow in the winter, this is very hard on my deck. I have used a number of products to stain/seal the deck but the older is gets the harder it is to keep a nice look to the wood. I am considering paint or a...

Refinishing an Outside Bench - Stain / Paint ?'s [ 3 Answers ]

I'm refinishing a bench that we bought from home depot about 5 years ago. The wood planks and inserts have begun to peel from weather and time. I've disassembled it, sanded it all down, and am ready to stain or paint it. Any suggestions on what to put on it that will last and stand up to the...

View more questions Search