Ask
    robyn68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Is it appropriate to widen a river so it can hold more water
    Is it appropriate to widen a river so that it doesn`t flood
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 01:47 PM

Sorry, your question doesn't make sense. If you wanted to stop flooding it would best to set a series of wiers to reduce the flow of water through.

Tick
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 01:52 PM

Appropriate? That's anyone's guess. It is standard practice to dredge and widen rivers and streams to reduce flooding. Levees are one structure that widens rivers during high water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer won't hold the water [ 1 Answers ]

We are having a severe cold snap and so the pipe where my Sears Kennmore 80 Heavy Duty washer drains is frozen. I disconnected the black drain pipe at the back and have it draining out into the yard (this is temporary for a few days until we thaw). The problem now is when I start a cycle, the...

99-646 water level will not hold? [ 8 Answers ]

I am having a reocurring problem with on of our 3 toilets constantly running inside the tank just enough to where I can hear it at night. The problem doesn't always seem to be happening. After you flush it seems to be fine for some time where all is quiet. But then at some point it begins to...

Washer won't hold water [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore 80 series heavy duty super capacity plus washer won't hold water. When it fills at the start of a cycle, it just runs and runs. Is there a drain plug somewhere that can be replaced? Or any other ideas what it could be. Also is there a appliance manual available online (free/...

Widen Garage Opening [ 4 Answers ]

I just purchased a home with a 1 1/2 car garage. The width of the garage door is really tight. The garage is brick. Any suggestions on how I can just widen the opening? Eveything else is great.

Is river water OK for dogs? [ 2 Answers ]

I rescued a black lab about 7 months ago. She loves the water! I'm taking her on her 1st camping trip up in the mountains this weekend. I always stay on the river. I'm bringing plenty of drinking water for her, but I know she'll prefer to drink out of the river. It's very clean and pristine up...

View more questions Search