Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2010, 11:17 AM
    Personal beliefs
    Wondered if anyone has any personal beliefs, words they live by? I'm not necessarily talking about religion but I certainly am not ruling that out.

I believe in karma - sometimes in place of the legal system.

I believe what goes around comes around.

Anyone with words to share?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2010, 12:48 PM

I have found out that this is a very, very small world indeed. Could cite several examples here but won't.

Trust me, this is a very, very small world in too many ways for things to be just a coincidence.

I also am a huge fan of Karma. Have seen it in action too many times.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 01:53 PM

I'm believe in karma,reeping what you sow and kindness of strangers.. looking back over my life I've been blessed,and I'm thankful for those blessings.

I'm also thankful for the hard lessons,the crappy people and the lessons they taught me,I believe everyone can teach you something.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 01:58 PM

She who dies with the most toys wins. That's my motto. ;)

Actually, I really believe in "Do unto others...."
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2010, 03:41 PM

Life is like a cactus... everywhere you look there's a pr_ck

Yeah I know, debbie downer but it's true, there's always someone who ruins your fun.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 03:56 PM

Over the years, I have come to believe in Murphy's Laws.

Karma and the Golden Rule are two others that I tend to live by.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2010, 04:12 PM

I believe that everyone is entitled to do whatever they want up to, but not including, when it interferes with someone else's right to do what they want.
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 05:01 PM

I believe I'll have another beer. :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 05:08 PM

Treat everyone like he's normal.

My space ends where yours begins.

Take away Alty's commas, if necessary.
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Treat everyone like he's normal.

My space ends where yours begins.

Take away Alty's commas, if necessary.
    I like my commas. They wouldn't have put commas on a keyboard if they didn't want you to use them. :)

I do have to question why ^ is on the keyboard. What good is that? I've never used it. Oops, I guess I just did. ;)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I do have to question why ^ is on the keyboard. What good is that? I've never used it. Oops, I guess I just did. ;)

^^
    o o
    >o<

Hmmmmmmmm...
    Pets Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 05:24 PM

A scary kitty? That's what it's there for? :eek:

I believe that scary kitties shouldn't be allowed on AMHD. ;)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 05:48 PM

Just a few that I have collected over the years...

Speak the truth... even if your voice shakes.

Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

What good is a tomorrow if you keep missing today?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2010, 06:34 PM

Unconditional Love is so important. Too important to keep it to yourself, so it is best to pass it on to someone else.

That religion is man made. Why let people tell you what to think? Think for yourself and live your life to the best you can.

When one door closes many new ones open up. It all depends on what door you decide to go through.

I believe in a lot of things. I have shared my views many times. Most of the Normal people understand. Some might feel the same or maybe not but we all respect each other the same.

Except for those nut bars that think they are right about everything and anybody that thinks differently are wrong according to them.

It is important for me to get a couple of jabs in, and clearly state my thoughts. Those of you know who you are and aren't.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 06:58 PM

I believe in karma. Just today I took my two sons to a monster truck show, my wife was coming in from her weekend trip to Europe, so it was just us guys. We got to the ticket office, and were asking the agent about show times, and seating arrangements. She informed me that someone had dropped off and extra child's ticket and had instructed her to give it to the next person who came up there that was nice to her. That was us!
    It was a $14 dollar ticket, but the lesson taught to my boys was priceless.

The older I get the more I realize that doing the right thing is not only free, but gives you a good feeling at the same time.

So yes, "do unto others...."

I feel that the true definition of integrity is doing the right thing even when no one else is watching.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 07:08 PM

I try to follow what Thumper said in Bambi that is 'If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.'
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 08:33 PM

I believe everything happens for a reason, the good and the bad.

Why lie when the truth will suffice.

JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2010, 08:35 PM

That is one of my personal favorites as well. Everything happens for a reason. What we may perceive to be bad, is not necessarily bad, but will always be working towards that good that comes out of a rough situation.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Feb 27, 2010, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I like my commas. They wouldn't have put commas on a keyboard if they didn't want you to use them. :)

it's so I can make this face ^_^ I call it my happy-kitty face ^_^

now, for my words of wisdom:

never trust anyone more than you trust yourself. At the end of the day, you're the only one sure to be there.

wear patterned socks whenever possible. There's no reason why your feet have to be boring. Fun socks make your feet happy.

heels and pantyhose are inventions of the devil made to torture women.

never change for someone else. If you can't change for yourself, then it either doesn't need changed, or you're not ready to do so yet.

duck tape fixes everything. If that doesn't work, smack it with a hammer. It may not fix it, but it'll be fun.

always have a safety pin or twenty handy. You never know when a button's going to pop or your pants are going to split.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    it's so i can make this face ^_^ i call it my happy-kitty face ^_^

now, for my words of wisdom:

never trust anyone more than you trust yourself. at the end of the day, you're the only one sure to be there.

wear patterned socks whenever possible. there's no reason why your feet have to be boring. fun socks make your feet happy.

heels and pantyhose are inventions of the devil made to torture women.

never change for someone else. if you can't change for yourself, then it either doesn't need changed, or you're not ready to do so yet.

duck tape fixes everything. if that doesn't work, smack it with a hammer. it may not fix it, but it'll be fun.

always have a safety pin or twenty handy. you never know when a button's gonna pop or your pants are gonna split.
    I believe in God and I believe he gave his only son to die for all of us.

I believe no good deed goes unnoticed.I also think when we hurt people it will come back to us.

I try to live by what my Dad told me when I was a little girl; "Sometimes when you stand for what is right, you may be standing alone.".

I believe in all of you and I am so glad I found you all. You have been such a Blessing for me.

Even though we may not agree or believe the same I really think the world of all of you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christian beliefs [ 15 Answers ]

What are the main denominations or churches in the world ? What's the basic difference in beliefs? Which is the oldest church or first church in the world? Is their belief also wrong?

Different beliefs [ 36 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I’ve decided to start another thread and I hope this one goes well. Many people have asked me about my beliefs, and why I believe what I do. It’s hard to explain, and is only significant to me, but maybe this will help. I am a Deist, I only recently heard of this word...

Central Beliefs [ 3 Answers ]

What are the central beliefs of Islam, and how are they reflected in the "Five Pillars

President beliefs [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, so I can't really find anything on what these presidents believed in politicaly, so yeah could u help me out? Name- Political Beliefs- George Washington- _____________ John Adams- _____________ Thomas Jefferson- _____________ James Madison- _____________ James Monroe- _____________...

Almost the same beliefs [ 5 Answers ]

Ive been reading the conversation Orange was having (sorry,Iforgot with who) I'm really enlightened to find out that Jews believe in an afterlife; this shaol u speak of where they wait for a messiah when they die. The Jews I've known pretty closely always gave the impression that they were "really"...

View more questions Search