Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 08:30 AM
    I moved from Hawaii to California in 2008 with half my household furniture.I deducted
    The moving expense for 2008.
    In 2009, I moved the rest of my household furniture from Hawaii.
    How do I go about asking for deduction for moving again in 2009.
    I have been a California resident for the entire 2009 year.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Mar 1, 2010, 11:35 PM

It may not be deductible because of delay in between. Still go through IRS publication 521. Moving Expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring Probation To either Hawaii or California [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on probation in Iowa for nearly two years... I was just about finished and I got violated and completed 90 days and was given three more years probation... I am in the process of getting a masters degre... I have had a full time job all this time and my p.o. has given me very high...

Year and a half mini dox has started eating my furniture [ 4 Answers ]

In the past, I've had several behavioral problems with a mini doxie that I adopted a few months ago. She was rescued from a puppy mill, spent the better part of her life in a kennel, and I have a very strong feeling that she was abused just based on her reactions and the problems we've encountered...

Tax and rebate when moved to US in later half of the year [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, I moved to US from my home country in later half of the year 2008 under H-1B alone (with my family back in my home country). My questions are: 1. Since I was single in US (though I have wife and kids back home), I think I should file as a single. Am I correct? 2. Do I qualify for...

Transferring probatiuon from Hawaii to California [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend lives in Hawaii and I live in California I'm trying to get him to move over here but he is on probation for two years he had to do parenting classes and angermanagement classes which he completed... he now has one more year of probation and he doesn't know if he can transfer his...

Salaried and deducted for missing half days [ 4 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee in Iowa. I was deducted one full days pay to compensate for missing two half days of work in a week. Is this legal or should I be paid in full for working half of each of these days? Can my employer deduct pay from my check per hour missed, even though I'm not an hourly...

View more questions Search