Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bruce67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Internship - Form 1099-MISC how to report expenses?
    For a University Internship my daughter received $6100 in advance to cover all expenses, and her minimum pay. It was reported on a 1099-MISC as #3- Other Income. Can this be treated as 'contract labor', or such, and can the air fare, car rental, and living expenses, et al, to Canada be deducted as line items?

Thanks!
    Bruce
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Feb 28, 2010, 01:59 PM

Are you taking your daughter as a dependent?

If not, she will owe no tax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What expenses are reported in box 7 of 1099-Misc [ 1 Answers ]

Are reimburseable expenses to be included in the amount in box 7 of the 1099-misc or is the amount just for the services rendered. e.g. mileage allowance for use of personal vehicle.

1099-misc for internship stipend [ 1 Answers ]

1099-misc form was issued for summer internship that had approx: $3600 of compensation in box 7 (non employee compensation). In an employment statement the non profit org. clearly stated that I was hired as a temporary , full time employee. The employment memorandum goes on to state that because I...

Claim expenses on 1099-Misc [ 1 Answers ]

I am student on F1 visa from india. I have received 1099-Misc with income reported in block 7 of 1099-Misc. I am regular employee of the company and get 1099-Misc income for unused PTO. I am filling 1040 NR and wondering how should I report this income and can claim some expenses to reduce taxable...

F1 Scholarship Form 1099-MISC where to report? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student, and last year I won a scholarship offered by a national newspaper. I received Form 1099-MISC from this newspaper, and the amount of my scholarship appears in Box 3 of this form. Also, I received Form 1098-T from an organization which gave me a scholarship...

Form 1099 received, but do I report on Form 1040 or just Form 2106? [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I'm hoping I can get some help on what to do with a 1099-MISC form I received from my employer that were for business expense reimbursements. I have read through some questions and answers already and based on them I'm going to file this as a Form 2106. The question is should I...

View more questions Search