CPU: intel core 2 quad q8300 2.5 ghz 4mb cache
    DVD drive: LG GH22 22x (dual layer)
    RAM: 4 gb
    Harddrive: 160 gb

can I add an nvidia geforce 8800 to this system
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 27, 2010, 07:00 AM

Depends on what slots you have. You can't add a new GPU to a motherboard. But you can insert a new graphics card into a slot. Yopu don't say whether you have an AGP or PCI-E slot available. If you do, then get a card for the appropriate slot type.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SLI GeForce Go 7950 GTX issue [ 1 Answers ]

So I have two GeForce Go 7950 GTX SLI on my laptop. Before everything was fine and I could see two video card in my device manager and also I had a SLI option in the NVIDIA control panel, as well as two temper. Readings were seen in the Nvidia Monitor. Since some time ago (im not sure when the...

Geforce 6600GT - only 1024x768 pixel ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, May I ask the following? Yesterday I installed a (new) Geforce 6600GT in my PC (from Club3D, AGP version). I installed the driver (77.xx, if I remember correctly by heart) from the CD-rom that came with the card. Everything works fine - but I wonder why I can't set the screen...

Can I get my $8800.00 deposit back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I signed a standard "lease to own" agreement 9 months ago... For reasons beyond my control I cannot sign a new lease agreement... I have to move back to where I came from... I put $10,000 down from which they took $1000 for first month's rent and $200 for a security deposit. The $8800 that...

View more questions Search