Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Feb 26, 2010, 10:26 PM
    Need to lose weight!
    Ok so I am looking to lose weight, I'm 19 years old, 5'6" and like 150 pounds :( I want to lose around 20-25 pounds. I know regular exercise and a healthy diet are the key things to losing weight but I am having a lot of difficulties. Lately I have been eating SO much more then I usually eat, and I'm not exactly sure why! I have just been so hungry and I never used to be like this. Also for exercise I have trouble getting myself motivated! I am planning on buying an exercise bike, because I like to bike and I could just watch TV with it and not be bored. Do you think this is a good fat burner? Also do you have any tips on how to stop eating SO MUCH or any idea why I suddenly have started eating so much? And do you have any tips where I can get myself motivated! I really want to get a cute body, I haven't been swimming in public for about a year and a half cause of being self conscious about my body :(.
    Any tips/advice/help would be awesome!
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 10:46 AM

It sounds like you know what you have to do. Though I might question if you really need to lose 20-25lb. That would leave you very light for your height.

What sort of food are you eating? Some foods, especially if they have a lot of salt or sugar (or worse, both) tend to make you keep eating, and actually fool your tummy into thinking you are still hungry.

Try to clear out all the refined carbs from your kitchen. Stock up on things like fish, eggs, fresh meat, lots of vegtables, fruit, raw nuts, dairy, some wholegrains. If you are eating eggs, and are still hungry, then keep eating them. No-one binges on hard boiled eggs! Pringles, that's another matter.

Yes, an exercise bike is a good fat burner, but only if you actually ride it. Personally, I'd be more inclined to buy a real bike and go out and ride it. Visit friends, go window shopping, go places and you'll get a lot of exercise while saving money. And while you are out riding your bike, you are not at home raiding the fridge.

About the swimming, just go. Believe me, you are over-estimating how fat you are. You are a normal weight, just not super-model thin. Just like 99.9% of the other people in the pool.

If your computer will run it, go to How to Look Good Naked - Channel 4 and watch some of the programmes there. It's amazing how many people are putting off their life because they think they are not an acceptable shape.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Best way to lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

I truly need to lose weigth,I startd to gain when I had my two daugthers.. so which is the best way to lose weigh:)

Best way to lose weight [ 1 Answers ]

I truly need to lose weight,I startd to gain when I had my two daugthers.. so which is the best way to lose weigh:)

How to lose weight [ 8 Answers ]

I am 37 years old. My height is 5 ft 3 inches and I weigh approx 213 lbs. How long will it take to reach my ideal weight if I don't go overboard with dieting ? Also please tell me what is my ideal weight. I don't like to exercise. Also please tell me how many calories I should have daily in order...

How to lose weight? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 21 yr old, my height is 5.4ft n my weight is 76kg. I feel to reduce my weight and increase my height , is it possible/..

View more questions Search