Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerry960 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 02:28 PM
    1speed vs.2 speed air conditioner compressor
    A Rheem 4ton,16 SEER A/C.Which is a better unit?A one speed or 2 speed compressor??
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 27, 2010, 08:56 AM
    Follow the advice of the installing contractor. Various items come to play with variable or two speed units.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The air conditioner fan comes on but not the compressor [ 4 Answers ]

I truly believe it may be the thermostat but am not sure. The temp is set to 68 and the fan blows trying to cool off a 81 degree house but the compressor is not responding. When I tried to check the thermostat it kind of just came off the wall... does the thermostat control the compressor coming...

Air conditioner compressor replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Is $400 reasonable for switching out a compressor and replacing freon in an 3.5 ton air conditioning unit. (compressor replaced by manufacturer). I am a single female and have no idea.

Air-Conditioner Compressor runs, No cool air [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Our Amana 8709088812 was working well. The cool air stopped but the compressor stayed on. We called a repair person and they replaced a fan. It worked for a short time and the same thing happened so they came back and replaced a second fan. They said there is a fan for intake and one for...

Air conditioner compressor and fan [ 1 Answers ]

Checked the circuit breaker and fuses outside the disconnect. The compressor and fan still do not turn on when I turn the ac on.

Air conditioner compressor not running. [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioner fan runs outside but the compressor does not come on. Why

View more questions Search