Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandygill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 01:14 PM
    Do you have to evict a person not on a lease on the house I'm renting
    I curently am renting one of my homes out to a tenant he has moved two people in and they are not on the lease do I have to evict them through the cort system?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2010, 01:48 PM

You can't evict the renter's guests. If the renter moved in people as a sublet or roomies and that is not allowed in the lease, then you can void the lease and start eviction against your tenant. If it is a sublet, once you get an eviction order, you can remove all residents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I evict a person from my home who lives here rent free and has no lease? [ 3 Answers ]

You have to go through with a formal eviction since he is considered a resident. You have to give him a written notice that his tenancy is terminated and he must vacate within 30 days. If he hasn't left after the 30 days is up then you have to file a lawsuit for eviction.

How to legally evict a person living in my house,never paying rent [ 1 Answers ]

I live in North Carolina and I have had a "friend" living with me for about one year and three months. He moved in originally to "just get on his feet", since that time he hasn't done anything around the house, he doesn't pay rent and has since lost his job. Although I hope this doesn't come to a...

Renting a aprtmnt from a person who is now not in Au, and never met before [ 2 Answers ]

I found a cheap aprtmnt in Sydney, NSW and I want to rent it. However my problems are that I don't know the owner and the owner is not in Au at the moment. So what documents of the owner should i know to make sure it's safe for me to rent that aprtmnt? Some of my friends said that maybe they are...

How do I evict my girlfriend from a home that I was renting to own in Pennsylvania? [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I decided to move into a house together that we were going to rent to own. Her credit was not strong enough so the lease ended up in my name. Things got rocky so I decided once the lease was up to opt out of buying it. Since then I've paid the rent up until the day I was staying...

Can I evict original tenant if person not on lease paying rent? [ 4 Answers ]

In Texas, I've had a tenant for almost 2 years and she leased the home because she and husband were separating. I found out later that they decided to reconcile, however she never added him to lease. Recently (past 3 months) the rent has been late and in tracking her down ended up finding out...

View more questions Search