Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinjet Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 12:12 PM
    Replacing Trane Thermostat BAYSTAT240 with Thermostat LENNOX 81M28
    Hello

Currently I got the Trane Thermostat BAYSAT240 controlling my Furnace - Heat Pump Combo
    My setup is almost the same as described in the posting called:
    Wiring Thermostat Honeywell 8320U to Furnace-heat pump Trane XE78+XE1000 Combo
    Except that I control everything from one Thermostat

How do I connect the wires in order to use the LENNOX Thermostat?

1. Current TRANE connection
    O = Orange = Reversing Valve
    R = Red = 24V Hot (is this for Hot Active Reversing Valve?)
    T = Brown = Outdoor Thermistor (not in use)
    G = Green = Blower/Fan
    Y = Yellow = First Stage Compressor
    X2 = Black = Emergency Heat
    B = Blue = 24V Common
    U = Light Green = no clue - cable end coming in from the rear - only part of Thermostat unit
    W = White = Aux. Heat (cable existing but seems not connected / is this "Second Stage Heating"?)
    F = Brown = no clue

2. Future LENNOX connection
    O = Cool Active Reversing Valve = O - on Trane ?
    B = Hot Active Reversing Valve = R - on Trane ?
    Separate Terminal for Sensor = T - on Trane ? (additional Sensor came with the Lennox Thermostat)
    G = Fan Relay = G - on Trane ?
    Y1 = Compressor Output = Y - on Trane ?
    W1 = Emergency Heat Relay = X2 - on Trane ?
    C = Common 24VAC = B - on Trane ?
    W2 = Second Stage Heating = W - on Trane ?
    R = System Transformer = do I need this connection ?
    Y2 = Second Stage Cooling = don't have a Secon Stage Cooling Unit - guess don't need it
    L = System Check = do I need this connection ?
    D = Dehumidification Relay (to DS terminal) = don't have a Dehumidifier Unit - guess don't need it
    H = Humidification Relay (to Humidifier) = My Humidifier is currently manually controlled. Would like to add it to the new system. What parts do I need ?

This is only my best guess. The wiring info regarding the Trane Thermostat I copied out of the posting called "Wiring Thermostat Honeywell 8320U to Furnace-heat pump Trane XE78+XE1000 Combo". The wiring info regarding the Lennox Thermostat I got from it's instructions. The correlation back to the Trane setup is just best guess.

A) Am I correct with my wiring guess?

B) Can I get the system running together with the Lennox Thermostat without buying new components?

C) What do I need to do/buy in order to control my Humidifier from the Lennox Thermostat?

D) Is the additional Temp Sensor for sensing outside temperature? If yes - what kind of extension cable do I need, since the current cable is too short?

Help would be very appretiated, since I had already a technician at my house that gave up :-(

Feb 26, 2010, 02:59 PM

Still need to get used to this tool - trying to add picture of my current Trane Thermostat
    Attached Images

Feb 26, 2010, 03:02 PM

... and those are the ports on the future Lennox Thermostat

Feb 26, 2010, 03:04 PM

Sorry, my mistake. Now that's the future Lennox 81M28
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Lennox Thermostat with Honeywell Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox T90H110A137 Thermostat with the following terminal letters and wire colors: G - blue wire F - red wire C - green wire H - yellow wire V - white wire I want to install a Honeywell RTH6300B Thermostat. According to the RTH6300B Installation guide, it tells me to ignore wire...

Replacing a Lennox Thermostat with a Lux Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older analog Lennox thermostat and am replacing with a Lux ATX500 thermostat. The Lennox thermostat connections do not match those on the Lux. The Lennox is a 6 wire connection with terminals: F, V, R, X, Y, M The Lux has terminals: G, Y, W, RH, RC The Lux instructions are very...

Need a replacement thermostat for a Trane Baystat240 [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening all, Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction for a replacement thermostat for an old Trane Baystat240?

Converting Trane BAYSTAT240 to Honeywell TH5220D thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to convert to a programmable Honeywell Thermostat. BAYSTAT240 uses: Red R 24vac Brown T Thermister Orange O Reversing valve for cooling Green G Fan Yellow Y Compressor Black X2 Heat Strip = E Blue B Common = C White ...

Replacing Trane Baystat240 with Honeywell RTH3100c [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently acquired a residence that had a much older HA/C unit. The thermostat is a TRANE Baystat240 (3AAT80B1A1). Up till now it worked well. Recently both the heat and air were blowing at the same time. Go figure! LOL. I have recently attempted to replace the thermostat with a Honeywell...

View more questions Search