Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsathiabalan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 08:48 AM
    When Virginia state and federal wages differ
    In the W2, the Box 1 Federal wages differ from Box 16 State wages for Virginia. The company pays part of the health premium for the employee and the rest is paid by the employee under the 125 plan.

Please help
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 09:03 AM

What is your question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W2 state wages total greater than federal wage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My w2 has 2 state wages, NJ and KY. I just noticed it recently that the total wages (box 16) for the 2 states is greater than my federal wages (box 1). Is this valid or should I ask my employer to revise my w2? I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you. Regards, bashdrew

When to use Local Wages and when do they differ ~60%? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering when the box #18 on W-2 is used? I am ready to pay my local taxes, but my local wages are ~60% less than my federal and state wages. Obviously this makes a huge difference in how much tax I'm to pay for local. Additionally: I have not moved in the past year and I work...

W2 State wages don't match Box 1 Wages: How to file GA state? [ 1 Answers ]

I started to work on my son's taxes after getting his W2 yesterday. His box 1 wages are 13,300 but his state wages in box 16 are 4667. He is a full-time college student in GA and a GA resident. He worked full-time last May through Aug in Texas. They withheld federal taxes but no state taxes. I...

W2 with no federal wages [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I worked in a small company in Maryland for 15 days and the W2 for it has both federal wages and federal tax fields blank. And it shows $900 in both social security wages and medicare wages and according s.s.tax and medicare has been withheld. As I was on OPT for this period, I should not...

State wages differ from federal wages on W2 [ 1 Answers ]

On my W2 Box #1 which lists "wages, tips, other comp. is a different number from box #16 which lists state wages, tips, etc. On my state tax return, which do I list as my wages?

View more questions Search