Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yotraj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2010, 06:33 AM
    Removing old grout from tiles on floor
    The tile layers left grout that dried all over my floor. It's about 2 years old now and looks terrible. What can I use to remove it?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2010, 07:24 PM

A scotch pad and a lot of elbow grease

Chuck
    carpenter-t Posts: 88, Reputation: 19

Feb 28, 2010, 08:10 PM

I've been told burlap works pretty good on dryed grout.but I've never tried it.so I don't know for sure.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 28, 2010, 08:17 PM

Is the tile glazed, if so a blunt putty knife should be able to pop the grout loose on the glazed surface. Hold the knif nearly flat againist the tile and push forward

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing tiles and grout from Bathroom wall [ 5 Answers ]

I have tile that is on the wall behind my bathroom sink. I would like to remove it and paint the wall. How do I get the old dried grout off the wall?

Removing old tiles from cement floor [ 13 Answers ]

Anybody have a secret for removing the black adhesive left on a cement floor after removing old vinyl tiles? Maybe I should be asking whether I actually need to remove the adhesive. Right now the plan is to use 12" ceramic tiles for the new floor. In fact, now that I think about it I'm...

Removing old floor tile grout [ 1 Answers ]

How can remove old floor grouting that was left on around the edges of the tiles, It's epoxy grouting.

Removing grout from 1 inch tiles already off the floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I removed the tile in an area about 5 inches by 10 inches next to my tub. I have dry rot about 2 inches in diameter, I have cleaned the area and applied a wood hardiner. I need to get all the odd pieces of grout off the tiles. I know I need to repair the floor but I am ready to tackle...

Removing stains on floor tile grout [ 6 Answers ]

I am having a terrible time removing stains from grout that was here when we bought the house. It is in the kitchen and I have tried everything under the sun. Some one said vinegar and that didn't work. Ive also tried oxyclen and it didn't work either. I have tried clorox clean up and awesome. We...

View more questions Search