Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lenny1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 07:55 PM
    6 liter ford diesel problems started smokining bad out exaust and drivers side back o
    Just finished round trip buffalo to Florida 25 plus miles to gallon truck ran perfect. Two days later seamed like over heating no power slite nocking like overheating water temp under 200 next day all power back but smoking badly out of exast and back side of exast maifold on driverside no code and turbo seames to be working fine seams like oil to hot but water temp fine
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 08:02 PM

You should be only using full-synthetic HDDO in your PSD. If you don't, it won't be long until you'll experience expensive turbo repair bills. It's a must. Some suggestions are provided in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281

The engine and oil will stay cooler and your smoke problem should improve markedly.

Here's a link on diesel smoke:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1977241
    tamrak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2011, 07:03 PM
    I have water drops coming out the exhaust which is producing lots of clear smoke. I'm using (Gal per week) anti-freeze and none is going into the engine oil. Truck runs great other wise. Any ideas??
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2011, 08:09 PM

tamrak, they may be two unrelated problems. White smoke is a sign of water vapor or fuel that has been atomized, but not burned. Water vapor may be present in the fuel, or water may be leaking into the cylinders from the cooling system. Also, air in the fuel can cause white smoke. White smoke usually occurs when there is not enough heat to burn the fuel. The unburned fuel particles go out the tailpipe and typically produce a rich fuel smell. It's not unusual to see white smoke in the exhaust, during cold weather, until the engine warms up. Bad glow plugs (burned out, coated with carbon, or not receiving proper start-up voltage) or a faulty glow plug control module can cause white smoke on engine start up. Low engine cranking speed may also produce white smoke. If white smoke is visible after the engine has warmed up, the engine may have one or more bad injectors, retarded injection timing, or worn injection pump. Low compression can also be a source of white smoke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford diesel problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 06 6.o ford diseal, and I'm having problems with it starting in cold weather and it takes it awhile to warm up, I changed all the fuel filters and the problem still exist, can anyone help?

Ford diesel problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 powerstroke and as time has passed over the last couple months it acts as if the batteries are going dead, but they are fully charged. Yesterday I drove it across town and when I tried to start it, it acted like it needed to be jump off but it cranked with a little raddle, made it home...

Ford 6.0 diesel problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have to keep my truck pluged in all year or it doesn't have any power,if I leave it sit all day I have to start it about 30 minutes before I can drive it,any ideas on what's wrong with it?

Ford 6.0 diesel problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2003 6.0 diesel, How do I get water out of the cylinder or cylinders?

6.0 liter diesel problems [ 3 Answers ]

Using engine coolant

View more questions Search