Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleigh1987 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 06:45 PM
    What happens if you are convicted of a felony in another state while on probation?
    My husband is on felony probation in SC and he caught a felony charge in IN what do you think will happen to him? He only had 2 years of probation left.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 07:06 PM

As soon as Indiana gets done with him more than likely South Carolina might be there to extradite him back for a probation violation hearing depding on how bad they want him. SC will be notified that Indiana has him in custody now and they will have time to decide what to do with him.
    cleigh1987 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    As soon as Indiana gets done with him more than likely South Carolina might be there to extradite him back for a probation violation hearing depding on how bad they want him. SC will be notified that Indiana has him in custody now and they will have time to decide what to do with him.
    Sorry I might not have been specific enough. He has already done the time in IN for the new charge he was sentenced to time served for it. Now he is back in SC and out on bond for VOP his court date is tomorrow for VOP what do you think will come out of it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 09:34 PM

It is not even the time "left" it is the original probation time, he could be sent to jail for all of it.

They may just go with time served on other sentence, or do anything from re-instate probation, to send him to prison for entire probation sentene.

Just up to the judge
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2010, 11:54 AM

He did abscond from SC so I don't think the Judge will go lightly on him at the VOP hearing. Also the Judge will be informed about him getting another felony while on probation. My educated guess is that he'll do some time this time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Violation of probation, but not convicted until probation is supposed to be expunged [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on probation for paraphilnalia charges and my one year is over and this is to be expunged on jan 5, 2010. I recently have been charged with theft hoewever, and I probably will not have a hearing and get convicted for this until after jan 5th. So techniqually I will have been expunged...

Arrested but never convicted of a felony [ 2 Answers ]

I was arrested about 4 years ago and went to jail. I went before a jugde and was never convited of the crime of a felony. Can I still become a cop?

Convicted felony, still get into canada [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my name is david, I have a felony conviction from aug 1995, theft by contractor, I deposited money from a business acount into my personal account, I served my 5 days sentence, and 2 years probation, can I still enter into canada? I being relocated for work.

Transfer felony probation to another state [ 1 Answers ]

My son is on felony probation in Florida and has a very sick brother in North Carolina. He needs to transfer his probation to state of North Carolina. What is the process if state of Florida gives him hard time transferring probation? His brother's illness is life threatening, and he is here in...

View more questions Search