Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hattieruth Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 04:12 PM
    Angle of the sun above horizon at different times in Denver
    I need to know what the angle of the sun above the Western horizon is in the afternoons in Denver, CO. Where can I find this out?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 04:42 PM

The Sun moves back and forth from 1 Solstice to the other Solstice(Summer/Winter). In between is the Equinox(Equal Day/Equal Night).
    Can you Give a Day and a Time?
    What do you want to find out? Or what for?
    StarDate Online | Stargazing Beginner's Guide
    hattieruth Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    The Sun moves back and forth from 1 Solstice to the other Solstice(Summer/Winter). In between is the Equinox(Equal Day/Equal Night).
    Can you Give a Day and a Time?
    What do you want to find out? Or what for?
    StarDate Online | Stargazing Beginner's Guide
    The reason I'd like to know is because my body temperature drops more than 1 degree F in the late afternoon and it seems to be related to when the sun starts going down below the west horizon and ends almost 2 hrs. later. Today it started at 3:30PM and was over at about 5:30PM. Earlier in the year it started sooner.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 06:35 AM

Here's a calculator that you can use. You set your position to Denver, pick the date you want, and it plots the sun's altitude above the horizon and azimuth (degrees from true north) throughout the day:
    SunPosition Calculator

Today's plot is shown below.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Projectile 8.0 times the speed at maximum height, calculate elevation angle at launch [ 3 Answers ]

The launching speed of a certain projectile is 8.0 times the spped it has at its maximum height. Calculate the elevation angle at launching.

How many sun spots are on sun today? [ 2 Answers ]

Today's number of sun spots?

New Horizon [ 1 Answers ]

I'm probably the most physically and emotionally exhausted I've ever been. It's a month into the true depth of losing any sort of relationship with my ex (True NC, so to speak) and almost three since she started ignoring my attempts to be friends. I no longer feel pain over it - in fact, I'm...

View more questions Search