Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    networker man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 11:44 AM
    1. Consider a packet-switching network of N nodes
    1. Consider a packet-switching network of N nodes, connected by the following topologies:
    a. Star: one central node with no attached station; all other nodes attach to the central node.
    b. Loop: each node connects to tow other nodes to form a closed loop.
    c. Fully connected: each node is directly connected to all other nodes.
    For each case, give average number of hops between stations.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 11:46 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 11:16 AM

A. This means that all of the information will pass through the central node, and can never be anymore than 2 hops away from another. Computer A to central, then to computer B.

B. This means that however many other nodes there are will determine the hops. You can have as little as one hop to the next node, and as many as 1/2 the total number of nodes as it will take either direction in the loop to get there.

C. When it is configured this way, you will always have no more than one hop, unless there is a damaged line. Computer A is connected to B, C, D, and they are all connected to each other.
    networker man Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2010, 06:22 PM

To NeedKarma; I 'm not looking for that I discussed the HW with my Prof and now I'm clear. So thanks, anticipated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lymph nodes swollen [ 3 Answers ]

I hope somebody can help my brother has been bother for a number of years with his lymph nodes being swollen in his neck once they were large enough to see without palpating them now you can palpate and feel them also he has chronic back pain never has he been injured in any way he says he tired...

Swollen lymph nodes by the ear [ 4 Answers ]

The Lymph nodes that are located slightly below the ear are swollen most of the time. Doctors don't seem to be concerned. Any ideas? I have allergies to ragweed and tree pollen and am on ongoing immunotherapy. I also have Asthma.

Switching between two network adapters on 1 computer [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a computer that has two network cards on it. 1) NETGEAR FA311 2) SiS 900 PCI, it is currently using the netgear card, and while it works more or less OK, its very old and won't play an online videogame very well. I've been told by the tech support team to switch to SiS card, but when I do,...

View more questions Search