Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Disabled need Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 11:29 AM
    How to beat urine tests for alcohol
    I became severely disabled in 2001.
    I take a lot of medication, some of which do not want me to drink alcohol.
    My Pain Management Dr. gives us urine tests, one for alcohol.
    How long before it shows up in a test? And, can I help it with diuretics if I want to drink the night before an 8:30 appt.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 07:21 PM

There is nothing out there on the market that you can take to beat these tests. And may I ask why are you taking alcohol when it is contradicted with some of the medications you are taking? Do you have a death wish or something to continue drinking alcohol and taking meds? You are a very poor candidate for Pain Management if you must rely on alcohol.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 07:29 PM

My best advice would be not to drink then you can beat the test simple.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 07:39 PM
    I apologize, but we do not enable people with their drinking problems by telling them how to beat drug or alcohol tests. The simplest thing to do is not to drink.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 09:31 PM

I don't even apologize, they need AA badly, they know they will be tested, and drink the night before.

Can we all say "drunk"

But there is nothing but time that will clean it up,
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2010, 11:48 AM

Also, do you realize that by still consuming alcohol your pain meds are not working properly and you will never really be free of the pain as you are just masking it under a haze of alcohol?

Some pain is actually the by product of medications and/or alcohol consumption. I had severe neck and lower back pain from an accident. I did not resort to alcohol to alieve the pain. I just endured it until my body had a chance to properly heal. Yes, it did take many years for the pain to subside but had I gone the route of drinking and taking the meds at the same time I would not have fully succeeded in getting well.

It sounds like you are taking the meds and using the alcohol to enhance the meds and not just relieve your pain. Your doctor has a good reason to test for alcohol as they're wise to this common mixing of booze and pills method and want to help you kick both.

Sometimes a person is in so much pain they think that by adding alcohol to the pain meds it magically makes them feel better and not in so much pain. If anything you are dulling your mind to the pain that is still there. And to make matters wore you're going to wake up the next day in even more pain as you've come down off your alcohol high.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 12:12 PM

I wish you would look at where your priorities have ended up. You want us to help you cheat on a test that just might stop your flow of precious narcotics.

I know all too well the game you are playing.

You limp into the appointment, and when you have a prescription in your hand, you skip to the pharmacy.

Is it Oxycodone/Oxycontin yet? Or just Lortabs?

Your doctor doesn't want you to drink for many reasons.

When you have had enough of this double addiction your are juggling, come back and we'll talk about getting you help.

Try not to kill yourself in the meantime.
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2010, 02:59 PM

I totally agree with JMJoseph on this.

Also, have you seriously (and I really mean seriously) have considered just WHAT the permanent damaging effects will be on your liver if you continue to keep mixing booze and pills? You are definitely headed down the road to irreversable liver damage. And you would not be considered as a liver transplant receipient either due to your history. You will end up with total liver failure resulting in a rather nasty demise.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 04:20 PM

I understand that this is a little more than you had bargained for, but I think that you know that the drugs and alcohol have become a very important part of your life.

No one here is going to help you cheat on the test. But we will help you with your problem.

I too, live with daily pain. I DO KNOW. But I am handling it with non-narcotic drugs and therapy.

The pain pills caused too many problems.

Too much to lose, too little to gain.

Your life, your choice.

Bless you.
    ironworker1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2013, 04:49 PM
    Hey guy I feel for you. First because of the fact you have become disabled. Secondly because you came to this board and asked for advice and all you got was a bunch of self righteous bloviators harping on you because you drink while using the pain medication. And probably throwing back a beer while they are typing their stupid drivel. As far as your answer that you seek, I know this is probably a little late, but drink lots of water well ahead of the test time. Like probably start the day before if possible. Get a lot of good heavy urinations in all the way up to the time you test. It will flush your urinary track. Of course because you are practically producing straight H-20 you also need to eat a couple hours before the test. It will help from getting a flase positive. I know this comes to late for the test you had to take in February. But you might be able to use it in the future. As for all you self righteous bloviators, go lecture your kids. Those little pieces of inbred garbage could probably use it. Good day to all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alcohol in urine [ 4 Answers ]

How long does alcohol stay in the urine and does water help to dilute the alcohol?

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

Alcohol in urine tests [ 3 Answers ]

If I drink a whole bottle of wine containing 12% ALCOHOL BY VOLUME, approximately how long will it take to completely leave my urinary track?

Blood tests or urine tests? [ 2 Answers ]

I usually have irregular periods. They sometimes come every month, and sometimes a/f doesn't come but every other month. I have never gone three months without a/f. I took 4 pregnant. Tests. All urine home pregnancy tests. They all came out negative. I am wondering if I take a blood test, can...

View more questions Search