Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jsted2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2006, 01:10 PM
    Toilet Bowl Water Level
    My toilet bowl will not fill up. After you flush the toilet you can see the water level in the bowl go down. The toilet is a brand new Kohler. I didn't have a problem with the old toilet but that was an american standard. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your time.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Pull the lid and see if the small white piece of tubing coming out of the top 0f the ballcock is clipped to the white overflow tube. This tube directs water to the bowl as the tank's filling. If it's not connected or water's not coming out then the bowl level won't be normal. Good luck, tom

Nov 27, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Everything is connected in the tank area and I get plenty of water flow out of the tube. The toilet flushes great but after filling up the water level goes down sometimes to a point of letting sewer gas in. The old toilet never had this problem it just would not flush right.
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 04:24 PM
    Then I would say that you have a blocked vent that's sucking the water out of the bowl. Snake the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and about 15 more feet. Good luck, Tom

Nov 27, 2006, 06:25 PM
    Do you think the vent is blocked? Like I said the old toilet never did this and the new toilet started this problem from the very first flush. The water level started to come up for about three weeks and then went back to low water level and every now and then the level comes up for about 1 or 2 flushes and then goes back down. Thanks again for all of your help.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 10:13 PM
    This is just a long distance guess but I think you have a sand hole in your bowl and after you flush the commode the water level comes up to the normal level but after it sits for a while it seeps down. The water is going down the sewer because of the place the sand hole is in the trap. Lots of the time the sand hole in in a place that lets the water come out on the floor. You say this is a brand new Kohler so if I were you I would pull the commode and take it back to the place you bought it. I don't think you will get any argument, they have seen this many times. Please let me know if this is your problem.
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 28, 2006, 05:47 AM
    I agree with LetmetellU, I have had this problem before with Briggs. To test to see id a sand hole is present I put the toilet bowl up on a pair of sawhorses and filled it with water and checked to see if any dripped out of the base. Good luck, Tom
    grbo79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 09:23 PM
    Make sure the end of white tubing that fills water is inside the canister flush valve and not loose inside the water tank.
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 5, 2012, 05:04 AM
    Hi Grbo79 and Welcome to The Plumbing Page. At AskMeHelpDesk.com. You're responding to a 6 y ear old dead thread. Look in then upper left hand corner of the first post form the date before you post, Thanks,
    Good advice. Thanks for sharing, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Bowl Level [ 1 Answers ]

This is a problem with all of the toilets in my house. They all have low bowl levels, the other night I heard a siphoning sound coming from the main drain line and the water was sloshing in the bowls. Is it a vent problem, what can I do before calling in the professionals. Thanks, Tom

Low water in toilet bowl [ 1 Answers ]

The water level in my toilet bowl has become much lower than it has always been. The toilet flushes completely and the tank fills completely however the bowl is about 2-3 inches lower than previously. This am a leak sprung from what appears to be the tank... I have turned off the water source.....

Toilet Bowl Water Level [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to increase the water level in the toilet bowl?

Toilet bowl water level [ 11 Answers ]

I am not totally unfamiliar with plumbing, but this one has me stumped. I flush the toilet before I go to bed. In the morning the water level in the bowl has dropped a couple of inches. When the toilet is flushed there appears to be an air bubble which comes up, but the toilet flushes almost...

Toilet bowl level seasonal change? [ 1 Answers ]

Once it got hot outside, my toilet bowl fell to a lower water level than during other seasons. Sometimes it takes more than one flush to clear the bowl. I made some minor adjustments to get it back to a reasonable height only to find it drop down again. Am on a septic and this toilet (1 of 2) is...

View more questions Search