Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 05:48 AM
    Cooking pans
    There was an expose I heard about 2 years ago about some pans that were popular, but now they found they can be hazardous to our health.

Do your remember, from what I remember it was a popular brand, that was?

Any tips will be appreciated on hazardous pans?

I know aluminum pans are not good.

Thanks in advance.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 06:20 AM

It was either T-fal or tefflon. I am thinking it was the T-Fal brand. Because the tefflon kept coming off the pans during cooking. For that reason I never buy the pots with the Tefflon on the bottom.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 06:53 AM
    I bought a new non-stick pan with silicone coating and it's the best pan I ever bought so far. In my case it's a President's Choice brand here in Canada.
    Dogs Expert

Feb 25, 2010, 07:41 AM

I like the silicone pans they are great. But it wasn't like T-Fal or tefflon right? Like that black stuff that scrapes up?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 07:48 AM
    Not yet anyway. :) I've been using it extensively for about 4 months now, no sign of wear at all. I very rarely put any fat (butter, oil, etc) unless I'm expressly planning to sauté. The pan has a tan colour coating.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 09:05 PM

I use copper and cast iron. If you work with them correctly, nothing sticks, unless it supposed to:D

I used to one small non-stick pan for my husband, but he kept burning it up, so I tossed it.:)
    Dogs Expert

Feb 26, 2010, 09:25 PM

I love the flavor cast iron produces, very head to cook with and keep clean. I use stainless steel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Pans [ 3 Answers ]

I watch a lot of DIY Network and HGTV. One day I was watching Bathroom Renovations and Amy used this 4 piece drain pan thing made of high impact foam. Basically it came in 4 quarters. You trimmed each piece to size and the middle formed around the drain. Then membrane was added and the whole...

Overflow pans [ 1 Answers ]

I need an overflow floor pan for stackable washer/dryer combo. Pans are easy to find for regular washers but I have yet to see one for the stackables. Dimensions are approx 25" x 26". Who sells them?

Pans labyrinth [ 5 Answers ]

Can't wait until it comes out on dvd, I saw it at the cinemas and am still enthralled by it. What an amazing movie! :o

Shower pans [ 1 Answers ]

I am ready to start the installation of a tile shower on a concrete floor. Will this PVC pan (more like a thick sheet of rubber) really allow tile and grout to stick to it. What must I do? Also because we are going where an old shower was, there is a floor drain cemented in, under is the old...

Shower pans [ 3 Answers ]

When replacing a shower pan is it necessry to redo the entire walls

View more questions Search