Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leifweaver Posts: 39, Reputation: 11

Feb 24, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Cat stopped peeing in the litter box
    I know this question has been ask a number of times, but I haven't seen responses that I haven't tried. My cat is 19 and stopped peeing in the litterbox. He has started peeing on the rug next to the litterbox. I clean the litterbox about once a day - no more than a day and a half. I am unable to clean it more often because of my work shifts - 24 hrs away at a time. He has had a check up and everything seems fine. The vet didn't believe he is really 19. He and I spend a lot of quality time together. Sleep together at night, and he "helps" whenever I am on the computer. I have not changed the box location, the type of litter, or anything like that in over a year. I clean the spot he pees with enzyme cleaner, and then put stuff in the way, and he pees in the nearest spot that is clear. He poos in the litter box. He is a picky cat, and I THINK that he likes that his pee "disappears" when he pees on the rug. He would pee over the drain in the tub in our last house. Any ideas? If I can not find a way to control this, I am going to be forced to make him and outdoor-only cat. (The loft floor is barn-board, so the pee rains down on things below. Just horrible.)

Check out some similar questions!

8 week old kitten peeing in and out of the litter box [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I got a new kitten she is 8 weeks old. She has ear-mites which we are treating and we believe worms. We have an older cat he is 1yr. Our cat gets along with the kitten though he plays a bit rough at times. Our problem though lies in the fact that our kitten is peeing both inside...

Took in a stray abused cat from outdoors; but cat get it to go in the litter box! [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My roommate and I have recently took in a stray beaten up cat. When she took her to the vet she ended up dropping loads of money on this cat to help her. She has a giant wound, and has a respitory infection, she was very mal nutritioned- she's skin and bones.. the whole nine yards....

Cat not using litter box [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I have the litter box for my cat in the basement. He uses it to pee however many times he does his other business on the floor near the litter box. I usually clean it out every 2-3 days, however he still does this. Anyone know how to make him stop? Also, as no one is home during the day,...

Older cat not peeing in litter box [ 1 Answers ]

Our senior cat has been very good about using his litter box to do his business, there was the odd time that he didn't and in the summer he used to go outdoors for that. Now he's gotten so he doesn't want to go out, even though it is getting colder he sometimes would still go out looking for either...

Cat Not Peeing In Her Litter Box [ 8 Answers ]

Help, please... This has cropped up in last few months. 3 yr old spayed female. Cat box located at foot of cabinet & very private. Cat is peeing on floor next to the cat box. Cat box is cleaned twice a day minimum. Crystal litter. Cat will sometimes jump into tub & pee there. Dtr or I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.