Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwe056 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 10:45 AM
    Shrinking windows
    How do I recover a window that shrank on its own? I was working on a page and all of a sudden the page started to shrink to 1/3 its size! The window is expanded. I've cleared cookies, cleared cache and yet every time I open that page it remains 1/3 its original size. This is the second page that has done this in the past month. I've installed the latest version of Firefox but to no avail. Anti virus picks up nothing.:confused:
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 02:57 PM

Not sure what you may mean by shrinking or realted to a specific site, you can try the view in the menu bar and try Zoom to see if that may help

Feb 24, 2010, 04:09 PM

I'll try to clarify, While I have a page open and window fully expanded, the page itself shrunk down while the window remains open. Text, pictures, everything shrunk leaving a large portion of the page blank. I cannot drag the page open any larger. Magnifying will not restore the page to its original size either.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 04:17 PM

It may be the resolution of the page you are visiting and is pre-defined to make it viewable/playable, that could be the issue unless all web pages you visit do the same thing then would think it would be something else.

Feb 24, 2010, 04:24 PM

Would that cause it to all of a sudden shrink? This happened to only one other page. The pages were visited regularly for months prior with no issues. It also happened in the middle of a game my daughter was playing last week. With no warning it just started shrinking. If that is the case, is it correctable?
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 06:21 PM

Would check your addons to see if there may be any that may or would cause something like this and disable

If not sure of an addon, you can Google it to see what it's purpose is and see if it is something that you are aware of or actually need it running.

Run in safe mode for while to see if it happens when all your extensions are disabled
    Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Feb 24, 2010, 07:28 PM

No add on's installed and only net frame work 1.1, and windows move player extensions installed on vista basic.
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 11:20 AM

Not really sure on this and if same while running in safe mode browser.

Would check out Firefox support forum and see if any replies may come your way

Firefox Support Home Page

Hope you do find something, I just don't have an idea other than maybe what mentioned already.

Feb 25, 2010, 11:22 AM

I appreciate the help. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shrinking 36" viewable screen [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 36" Panasonic CT36D20 television that is 8 years old. For the past two years the viewable area of the screen has been shrinking. The left side is currently in 2" and the right is in 3". Is there any way that this can be repaired and, if so, how?

Shrinking icons on my desktop [ 5 Answers ]

My icons on my desktop have gone really big as well as my background photo. How can I get these back to normal on a Windows Vista programme?

Shrinking clothes [ 1 Answers ]

How would you shrink a shirt that's too big? I don't know what it's made of; I've already tried the washer and dryer. Is there any other way?

Stomach shrinking [ 4 Answers ]

If I eat less food than I regular eat, will this cause my stomach to shrink...

View more questions Search