Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lahirushanaka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 04:42 AM
    Chose software engineering life cycle and why u chose it?
    SCENARIO
    Integrated Library Board [ILB]

The Integrated Library Board (ILB) was established on early 90s, to spearhead the transformation of library services in Singapore in the Information Age. Its mission is to expand the learning capacity of the nation so as to enhance national competitiveness and to promote a gracious society. By developing a relevant and responsive library system, which caters to the needs of its people, the ILB will help in creating enlightened individuals who can compete confidently in all sectors.

ILB is creating a network of borderless libraries linking all publicly funded libraries in Singapore to overseas libraries and information services through computer networking. By bringing libraries closer to the public, the ILB places the wealth of knowledge and information within easy reach of all Singaporeans. The vast and continually growing collection of books and multimedia materials allows the library to be one of the most extensive warehouses of information. Through its links with local and overseas information databases, the ILB provides users with global access to information anywhere in the world. The ILB is continually developing and offering new and improved services to its diverse users, and expects to realize its goal of becoming a highly respected information hub in the 21st century.

In order to serve better, ILB segmented and divided into Regional Library, community Library, children library. Addition to the services they also have managed vendors who are suppliers and as well publishers who help them to replenish book and stationary orders (ILB have subsidiary called ILB stationary which sells stationeries.). ILB also caters members and non-members with sophisticated user interface. ILB supports different language section. ILB also has mutual understanding with overseas leading libraries in the world to share resources, complement strengths and develop new programmes and services for mutual benefit.

Members are not followed their due date for the return of the book are penalized by fines. A gentle reminder also notifies them. A late fee and miscellaneous will be charged to them. In addition to handling the daily operations, the system must be capable of generating various reports required by the ILB management.

END OF SCENARIO

Question 1.

Select a life-cycle model that you would follow during the development of the ‘Integrated Library Board’ system. Give an outline description of this life-cycle model and justify your choice of model. [50 marks]

Question 2.

Describe the dependability measurement attributes which could be applied to the ‘Integrated Library Board’ system. For each of the dependability measures you describe, evaluate its importance in contributing to the overall software quality.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 24, 2010, 04:43 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to copy your homework to AMHD.
    Please refer to this announcement: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/financ...-b-u-font.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who do I chose? [ 9 Answers ]

Okay. So here is the thing. I want to go back and live with my mom, but my Aunt had guardian ship of me. What am I suppose to do. I want to be living with my mom, not my Aunt(::confused::eek:

How to chose a leader [ 2 Answers ]

How are leaders chosen in US, France, Australia, Thailand?

Did I chose the right path? [ 13 Answers ]

A few months ago, I met a great man and fell in love almost at first sight. We went out together for a few weeks when I argued with my parents and I ended up moving in with my boyfriend. Well at first it was great; we were completely in love with each other and were even considering getting married...

Who do I chose [ 1 Answers ]

OK I like two guy who are bestfriends in fact their like me and one of my best friends the one that most like me sometimes acts retarded was in a depretion (not any more) intellegent with little to no comonsence will do anything to have a good time in that way he is exactly like me kind of scary...

I like both of them but they want me to chose now [ 9 Answers ]

So I am currently talking to two guys that I like a lot, both go to my school and are older than me. Ive dated guy one before and had a huge crush on guy two for like 4 years but haven't ever done anything about it. They are friends with each other and I dotn want to ruin their relationship but I...

View more questions Search