Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkrkr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 04:20 AM
    Access is denied
    I have two computers in my house and am trying to get them networked. My first computer can access the second computer, but the second computer can not access the first. Instead, I get this message

"\\(COMPUTER NAME)\shareddocs is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Access is denied."

Any ideas? I would really like to be able to share documents..
    rs232c Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 05:11 AM

I see this when you have two different operating systems here, either xp/vista or vista home/ultimate or something.

This may only happen the first time you boot up also.

The easiest thing to do is to open up the resource (parent or root folder in Windows) and make sure that the full path from the root has the proper permissions to access the folder. This is done by right clicking on the folder(s) and selecting Sharing.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2010, 11:17 AM

You may also have to enable net guest login on some vista machines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Denied access [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot receive mail. Message: POP Server pop.att.yahoo.com rejected password Entered password, confirmed password, no good, still get the same message. I can get my e-mail if I go through the Yahoo.com website but not directly from my computer. HELP

Access denied [ 1 Answers ]

This message is coming when I am trying to open a folder from a computer in a local area network. The operating system is vista home \\computer\folder is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resources. Server to find out if you have access permission. Access is...

Access is denied [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I'm new to this site so if I've posted this in the wrong section do appologise.. what it is I've got a IOMEGA external hardrive that use to work fine with my old laptop who had windows xp on it. As I've just bought a new laptop recently with vista on it, I tried connecting the external...

Access denied to D: [ 1 Answers ]

Someone has denied me the access to my D: of my PC. Whenever I click on D: it shows access denied. I have all my back ups there. Please help me out to open up my D:

Access is denied ? [ 2 Answers ]

There is still a problem when I want to access to my ibm computer through my emachine PC I can access it easily but when try to access my emachine through ibm it says emachine is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource . Contact the administrator of this server to...

View more questions Search